“dirty carpets”

Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carberry
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Lovely place to visit to have a look at how the other half lived.
But to sleep and eat there while working is not the best.if u want to marry there that's great but that's it.and you need to have a car.and the lack of a gym and spa is a bit strange in a setting as it is. The lodges are not the best at all.

Room Tip: The logdes are not the best could do with a touch up and new carpets and lights repaired and automat...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Christine S

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had our staff outing here a couple of weeks ago and it was excellent. The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful without being too imposing which is exactly what we like.
We used the grounds for a treasure hunt which everyone enjoyed then had a BBQ in the evening. The food was amazing! So, in summary, an absolutely stunning building inside and out with beautiful gardens and surroundings. Hope we can go back again!
Anne

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Myself and husband where married at Carberry on 14th March 2014 and I cant recommend the venue, food and staff enough. I have been to many weddings over the years and although maybe bias I can say I have never received the same level of service as Carberry provided. The setting itself takes some beating and this was mentioned by lots of our guests.

After a not so prefect start with our previous wedding co-orindator I was slightly apprehensive when we were allocated a further co-ordinator. I shouldn’t have had any reservations as I could not fault Ashley at all. She was highly professional but friendly and approachable. From our initial meeting I knew Ashley was on the ball and ensured every detail was taken care of. My countless emails and calls where dealt with in a timely manner and she always delievered on her promises. Nothing was ever too much trouble, even on the day of the wedding all my request where taken care of which helped keep me calm. She also carried my daughter from the Tower to the Ceilidh Hall when she was being a challenging toddler! Definatley going well above and beyond the call of duty! She is a credit to the company that’s for sure! Couldn’t have asked for more!

To the accomodation, The Royal suite which I was in the night before and The Mary Queen of Scots room, the night of the wedding can both only be described as pure luxury. Rooms are just devine. Both stunning in their own way. My guests in the other Tower rooms and even the lodges spoke highly of them too.

The food was amazing, compliments to the chef and his team! This was also commented by many of my guests. Although a lot of people to serve, everyone mentioned how hot, fresh and tasty each course was, even the wine/prosecco went down a treat! Ken also deserves a mention as he was a great master of ceremonies.

The whole day went perfectly and my only negative is that I cant do it all again!

Looking forward to returning at some point for a stay!

Keep up the fantastic work!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SSB1983
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights from 25th May and place perfect and full of history. Staff very polite and place cleanest I've ever stayed.grounds kept immaculate and had great time and would recommend this place also the queen mother and queen and other members of royal family have used this place a lot of times

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you are looking for modern with slick fittings this is not for you.
If you are looking for atmosphere with a hint of quirkiness this is brilliant
Floor boards creak, secret passages history as it should be.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, the manager Douglass kept apologising for not spending enough time with everyone because they were busy.
Nothing too much trouble and they made everyone we spoke to feel special.
Only downside drinks a little expensive, but a fantastic experience and we have recommended to friends.

Room Tip: Dis grudgingly we have to tell you we stayed in the Cairberry Suite with views of the driveway and s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yorkie214
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed one night in this hotel to watch the Edinburgh Half Marathon and was enchanted from arrival to checkout.
Kirsty, on Reception was pleasant, friendly and helpful. She gave me all the info I would need and showed me to the room which was gorgeous. Lovely furnishings and all amenities one would need. How on earth they combine modern facilities without losing that wonderful sense of history is beyond me.
And what a history! There are printed sheets at Reception and even more info in the folder in the room detailing the previous incumbents, and a trail through the beautiful grounds, (35 acres of them), to a stone monument which marks the spot where Mary Queen of Scots gave her baby son James to be the next king. The rase garden was a wedding present from the late Queen Mother to her younger sister who lived in the premises when newly married. Wonderful stuff!
Back to modernity and transport of our era. I had been advised to use a local taxi firm for the trip from the airport as it was cheaper than an airport cab for that distance, so followed the lead of some reviewers on here and rang R & J Taxis, 01316652020. They were absolutely brilliant. The two drivers whom I met were so helpful and entertaining, full of local information and advice. They went way beyond the call of duty for me and the cabs were sparkling.
Treat yourself to a stay in this fabulous place and call R & J for your transport needs. You deserve it !!

Room Tip: The rooms are all different obviously. Mine was fabulous, third floor with great views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kiltie59
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Fabulous venue with wonderful grounds. Douglas, the General Manager was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. All the staff were friendly, caring and efficient. The Barbeque on the Friday night was delicious and a great start to our wedding weekend. The wedding breakfast was well complemented by the guests as was the hog roast in the evening. Our room, overlooking the drive, had a wonderful bay window, a great four poster bed and a great big shower. It was a magical wedding at Carberry Tower with many lovely memories. Thank you so much.
J&D

Room Tip: Pay extra for a suite....they are all individual and spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carberry
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bonnyrigg
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Travelodge Edinburgh Musselburgh
Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux

Been to Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate? Share your experiences!