Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Carberry Tower, I cannot rate it high enough. The pleasant lady on reception made checking-in a pleasure. The next stop was our room (Strathmore Suite), if ever a room had the wow factor this was it. A very large room well furnished with a four-poster bed, it was 'L' shaped leading to a superb bay window further furnished with a table and chairs. The pleasant views overlooked the long driveway, expanse of lawns, and masses of beautiful trees. My wife and I in our young seventies, who have travelled extensively, agreed this was the nicest hotel room we have ever had.
The building itself was intriguing, as you explored the place the sheer history was tangible, you could feel it, a wonderful experience. We stayed for two nights without the necessity to leave the resort, we couldn't get enough of the magnificent hotel and its grounds.
The food and service was up there with the best we have received. Special mention for Ruth who looked after us a meal times, she was always pleasant and highly efficient, the restaurants appeared to revolve around her.
A special mention also for the hotel manager, always helpful and engaging with the residents, and would greet you with a smile every time he saw you. As with Ruth he is a credit to Carberry Tower. In fact all the staff, without exception, were pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate is a place of intimate grandeur. And to arrive here is to weave your own journey into a story that goes back to 1480 when our first foundation stone was laid. Since then, we have been a gathering place for Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses and over the centuries the great and the good have also come to warm themselves by our fires and feast from our banqueting tables. And today, more strongly than ever, the banner that reigns over Carberry Tower continues to reflect the matchless values of excellence, abundance and grace - coupled together of course, with the very warmest of Scottish hospitality. Guests can dine in the Rose Garden Restaurant and enjoy a four course menu designed by Head Chef, commencing with canapes and a welcome drinks reception. Private dining for 2 or banquets can also be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carberry Tower Hotel Musselburgh
- Carberry Tower Mansion House And Estate East Lothian