“A Beautiful outing and superb Christmas Lunch at this worthy Hotel”

The Library at The Open Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Dirleton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Being only around forty five minutes from our home we decided to have Christmas Lunch at this beautiful Hotel.

We have been before and were always satisfied and certainly were this time.

I used to go with my family when I was a young girl and nothing has changed.

We had booked the conservatory and were taken to a lovely table at the window after going to the lounge and sat at the roaring log fire perusing the menu having a glass of wine.

We both opted for soup of the day - leek and potato, I took the turkey and what a lot on the plate loaded with turkey, stuffing, chipolatas, roast and mashed potatoes and a side plate with three veg.

My husband opted for the fish dish and there again his plate was brimming.

I must say the service was excellent and food fresh.

The decorations every where were well placed out and beautiful real Christmas trees in the lounges etc.

We were so full that we both opted for the vanilla ice cream which we thought would be light but there again the glass dish was full to brimming.

We then adjourned to the larger lounge and were lucky enough to have a seat again at another roaring fire where coffee and mints were served and I had two grand marnier.

Thank you to all the staff.

We then took the dog down the track to the beach to work off the meal - he got a good doggy bag out of it as well!!!

We then went on to visit many friends and family and had an excellent Christmas Day!!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Booked the Library for my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary and was not dissappointed. Drinks and canapes is the lounge before the meal and they took our orders at the same time. Once in the library, we had the same waitress, who remembered what we all ordered. Coundn't fault the quality of the food - I had the beef fillet which was a lovely piece of meat. Overall great ambience for a family celebration. Ask for a loyalty card if you are local and go regularly.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just special. Food is good and not unreasonable. The ambience is just spot on and the wine and service is exceptional. Mke sure you book in time.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Good food choice and lovely wine. The decoration is nice, giving an intimate and luxurious feel. The service was excellent (as always) and it's nice to be able to choose to go up market from their excellent Brasserie for a nice occasion.

2  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Dined in The Library, whilst staying at The Open Arms. Food and service were both fantastic. Really enjoyed the fizz and canapes in the lounge before dinner.