“Wow factor!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Archerfield House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dirleton
Archerfield House
Ranked #1 of 3 Dirleton B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wow factor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have to say, the nicest and most fantastic place I have ever stayed! Staff could not do enough for you, from the waitresses to the drivers, to the Management.
Our room was Number 1 in the House, and the bedroom was actually bigger than my whole downstairs at home! With Sky TV, unlimited bar in our room, and a kitchen to get snacks between meals, a huge bathroom and all the small touches you could ever need all in one place.

The meals were brilliant, breakfast a continental choice, and cooked to order also which was perfect. Lunch in the clubhouse was "a light bite" but infact was massive and the quality was unreal!

Afternoon tea consisted of lots of tea, coffee, home-made endless supply of cakes and sandwiches!

Topped off with a five course meal, with a champagne reception - so good!!!

The spa is like no other spa I've ever visited...So warming, friendly, relaxing, healthy...I had a full body massage, and a facial, which were both out of this world...I also used the mud treatment room which again was tip-top! Steam rooms, healthy shots of drink, experience showers, newspaper and more made this a lovely relaxing day...I would agree with previous reviewers the single only thing missing is a swimming pool/ hot tub to sit and have a soak in.

For those that play golf, the course is beautiful, 2 18 hole courses plus driving range and putting greens etc. Thoroughly recommend

There is also a fantastic snooker room in the house, where you can use this at your leisure!

I now want to get married there and have enquired about prices etc, and would definitely recommend this to any golfer, anybody looking for a calming break, any couple, any group of lads...Pretty much anybody that appreciates good food and a super-accommodating experience. Thank you sooo much!

Room Tip: Room 1 in the House - one of the biggest I believe, right next to everything you need...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joe K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The quality of the decor and surroundings is outstanding. Very pleasantly surprised as I feel the web site does not do this stunning property justice. The Pavilion Rooms have been tastefully decorated, are spacious and well laid out. The room amenities are lovely and the shuttle service between bedrooms and the Clubhouse is a great service. The quality of the food and service in the Clubhouse is excellent with an exceptionally good menu - spoiled for choice. Finally the Spa is just delightful. We did not want to leave. Whilst the number of facilities is limited, the products used are world class and the therapist who gave me a facial - Heather - is brilliant. Archerfield is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Pavilion Rooms are gorgeous and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 626Alicia
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My girlfriends and I returned to Archerfield again recently for Spa treatments and an overnight stay in the Pavilions. Wonderful experience yet again. We get together several times a year and from West to East Scotland have tried many different Spa places from but all pale in comparison. Even Gleneagles in my opinion.
We enjoyed lovely accommodations, good food in the Clubhouse for lunch, amazing 1 hour facials/massages, and a hearty breakfast the next morning. Excellent value for money. All staff extremely friendly and efficient. Only one little cloud on the horizon. Inconsiderate noisy neighbours returning from somewhere in the early hours and disturbing our slumber in our lovely comfy beds. They were even louder the next morning...how rude. Hope to return again soon. Archerfield is definitely our 1st choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in No. 20. pavilion. Living area and beds all in one room, but huge separate bathroom with...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank usafanScotland
Dunkeld
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Four of us went as a Mother's Day treat. Two Mums two daughters! We stayed in the Pavillion Suites which were superb. Beautifully decorated, every comfort, luxury bathrooms, spotlessly clean and masses of complimentary food and drink. Beds very comfy couldn't fault anything. We had drinks and dinner in the clubhouse. The staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble and made us very welcome. One of the best breakfasts ever and a really lovely relaxing and happy night. We had also booked into Fletchers Cottage Spa the next morning. Our treatments which were the hot stone massage and signature massage were to start at ten fifteen. We arrived just before ten and it looked great. We were asked to sit and fill out medical forms and then at ten fifteen a member of staff took us to our changing rooms (amazing) and told us brusquely to hurry up and change as our treatment time had started! Two minutes later we were in our dressing gowns standing waiting. No one came to collect us so we walked up and down passage looking around. At ten thirty we were collected for our treatments. Mine was lovely and relaxing but by the time my feet had been washed I only had about forty minutes. I felt £120.00 was on the expensive side. I had the same massage in Madeira for half the price and it was better. I heard someone say the Spa was rather style over substance and I would agree. Afterwards we were given a "Fruit Platter" tiny bowl of four squares of fruit! Lovely but rather a grand name! No one showed us around or offered us food or drink. We sat around for a bit and then left. No friendly goodbyes or enquiries as to whether we had enjoyed ourselves.
I will definitely go back to Archerfield it was a wonderful experience but I won't bother with Fletchers Cottage again unless it becomes customer sensitive.

Room Tip: Pavilions are all amazing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dalguise
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

A wonderful spa experience in a lovely setting. Treatments were superb, although the mud rizoul is a bit self-service which I don't really consider such a treat. The facial was superb and the manicure too. The treatment rooms are just gorgeous, so different, and lots of lovely quirky things to enjoy. The rest area is sumptuous, relaxing and totally chilled with a log burner and heated floors to keep you cosy. I love the private changing rooms with their own loo and shower and all the wee lotions and potions for you to try and use.

What would have made it perfect - more prompt clearing of our cups and dishes after coffees and afternoon tea, and more top ups of hot drinks during afternoon tea.

I loved the pre and post treatment shots of juices, and the ready availability of fruity water. The spa is really gorgeous, the service is very good, and the treatments are superb.

All the properties at Archerfield are out of this world, gorgeous bedrooms, the most comfortable beds in the world and just beautifully appointed rooms. A wonderful experience every time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here on Valentines Day for a friends wedding. Archerfield is the most amazing place I think we have ever stayed (and we've stayed in a lot of great places). We wanted for nothing. The house is truly beautiful. The food was perfect. The atmosphere warm and relaxed. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
warsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Located south east of Edinburgh, amongst the golf mecca of Muirfield, Gullane and North Berwick is Archerfield, what was once a hotel for corporate hire only has sympathetically grown to include lodge accommodation and pavilion bed and breakfast.

We were celebrating a 50th birthday and 3 couples shared a Lodge. Three double bedrooms, 2 ensuite, open plan living and state of the art kitchen was our home for 2 nights.

We enjoyed busy days of golf and spa. The spa has recently featured in Sunday Times travel and like other contributors I was hoping to keep Fletcher Cotttage out of the spotlight but the spa has now been opened for more than a year,is run like clockwork, appointments are scheduled so that it is never busy and prices are just in the exclusive range. One step into the Spa and your stress levels diminish by the end of a couple of hours you are floating back to the luxury of the lodge. The spa uses it's own specially chosen products some locally produced and all available to buy to take home.

Friendliness of staff throughout the resort is second to none and if you are looking for luxury, slightly discrete service without the frills of resort like hotel I can think of no where else in Scotland I would recommend.

Room Tip: Lodges at £550 per night seem expensive but if you split the cost per person/couple comparable to ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dawninwarsaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dirleton
Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
#16 of 150 in Edinburgh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,674 reviews

Been to Archerfield House? Share your experiences!