“Doesn't get any better”
Review of Archerfield House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dirleton
Archerfield House
Ranked #1 of 3 Dirleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2014

3 glorious days here at a residential conference. All buildings exceptional - stayed in room 13 of the main house. Pure Robert Adam opulence.

So much better than even a 5 star hotel. Exceptional staff. , service food and everything is laid on for you.

So good we are hoping for a return already.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My friends and I treat ourself to an annual spa trip and we had heard good things about Fletchers Spa so decided to give it a try!
So glad we did. We live locally so opted for the afternoon tea and two treatment package. We all felt that probably the best back massage and facials we've ever had. We were all given the same treatment times, the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The staff said it was a busy day for them but we felt like we could almost have been the only people there.
Afternoon tea was delicious. A special thank you to Our three therapists Janis, Stacey & sorry can't remember the third girls name ,whose customer service was excellent .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank McMillan57
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed overnight as part of a wedding party and it was an absolutely fantastic experience from start to finish. We stayed in one of the pavilion rooms and it was very nicely decorated and had Sky TV as well as complimentary drinks and snacks. Breakfast was served in the clubhouse and very nice it was too. All staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient. The setting is beautiful; the reception was in a function hall right on the banks of the Firth of Forth. Without doubt one of, if not the, best vacation experiences I've had.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EarlstonReiver
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This lovely house is amazing, we were invited to a private 50th birthday party, dinner bed and breakfast and everything else.!!! The staff are lovely, the food and service are of the highest quality. The manager made everyone welcome and even gave me when I asked the history of this very unusual venue. The walls have some amazing art work and the view of the grounds and golf course are spectacular.

Room Tip: Take your pick they are all fantastic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have to say, the nicest and most fantastic place I have ever stayed! Staff could not do enough for you, from the waitresses to the drivers, to the Management.
Our room was Number 1 in the House, and the bedroom was actually bigger than my whole downstairs at home! With Sky TV, unlimited bar in our room, and a kitchen to get snacks between meals, a huge bathroom and all the small touches you could ever need all in one place.

The meals were brilliant, breakfast a continental choice, and cooked to order also which was perfect. Lunch in the clubhouse was "a light bite" but infact was massive and the quality was unreal!

Afternoon tea consisted of lots of tea, coffee, home-made endless supply of cakes and sandwiches!

Topped off with a five course meal, with a champagne reception - so good!!!

The spa is like no other spa I've ever visited...So warming, friendly, relaxing, healthy...I had a full body massage, and a facial, which were both out of this world...I also used the mud treatment room which again was tip-top! Steam rooms, healthy shots of drink, experience showers, newspaper and more made this a lovely relaxing day...I would agree with previous reviewers the single only thing missing is a swimming pool/ hot tub to sit and have a soak in.

For those that play golf, the course is beautiful, 2 18 hole courses plus driving range and putting greens etc. Thoroughly recommend

There is also a fantastic snooker room in the house, where you can use this at your leisure!

I now want to get married there and have enquired about prices etc, and would definitely recommend this to any golfer, anybody looking for a calming break, any couple, any group of lads...Pretty much anybody that appreciates good food and a super-accommodating experience. Thank you sooo much!

Room Tip: Room 1 in the House - one of the biggest I believe, right next to everything you need...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The quality of the decor and surroundings is outstanding. Very pleasantly surprised as I feel the web site does not do this stunning property justice. The Pavilion Rooms have been tastefully decorated, are spacious and well laid out. The room amenities are lovely and the shuttle service between bedrooms and the Clubhouse is a great service. The quality of the food and service in the Clubhouse is excellent with an exceptionally good menu - spoiled for choice. Finally the Spa is just delightful. We did not want to leave. Whilst the number of facilities is limited, the products used are world class and the therapist who gave me a facial - Heather - is brilliant. Archerfield is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Pavilion Rooms are gorgeous and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 626Alicia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My girlfriends and I returned to Archerfield again recently for Spa treatments and an overnight stay in the Pavilions. Wonderful experience yet again. We get together several times a year and from West to East Scotland have tried many different Spa places from but all pale in comparison. Even Gleneagles in my opinion.
We enjoyed lovely accommodations, good food in the Clubhouse for lunch, amazing 1 hour facials/massages, and a hearty breakfast the next morning. Excellent value for money. All staff extremely friendly and efficient. Only one little cloud on the horizon. Inconsiderate noisy neighbours returning from somewhere in the early hours and disturbing our slumber in our lovely comfy beds. They were even louder the next morning...how rude. Hope to return again soon. Archerfield is definitely our 1st choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in No. 20. pavilion. Living area and beds all in one room, but huge separate bathroom with...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank usafanScotland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dirleton
Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa
#5 of 5 in North Berwick
The County Hotel
The County Hotel
#24 of 26 in North Berwick

Been to Archerfield House? Share your experiences!