Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
US$222
Travelocity
US$131
US$128
All reviewshoneymoon suiteexcellent hotelwedding receptionhigh standardfull scottish breakfastlovely decorbusiness tripfirst classstaff were amazinghaggisfunction roomhome from homemany thanksfrom start to finishsteak piewedding venuewould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had our 30th anniversary party here and every aspect of the weekend was superb from our room (the honeymoon suite )to the food ,the service and the organisation , nothing can be faulted.
Carolyn and New assistant Barry certainly go the extra mile.
All our guests had nothing but praise for how the event went and everyone was stunned how good the food was.
I would highly recommend "the Eg" for parties and weddings, well done

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels worldwide and I can honestly say that the Best Western Eglinton Arms tops that list.
This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Eglington, as before the staff are welcoming, the hotel modern comfortable and spotlessly clean & our room (31) beautifully appointed. I can not sing the praises of Carolyn and all of the staff enough! This is the way hotels should be!! Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Always stay at this hotel when I return 'home' to Glasgow. Have never had a bad experience from any Best Western Hotel but this one the staff really do go the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable and stress free as possible.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I have ate here 3 times in the past month as well as the odd visit in the past (once every few weeks) Both on our own and also with the kids. The food is more than decent and presented well.

But, although we enjoy the food we both agreed as we left the restaurant on Saturday nigh that it would be our last visit. Every time we have been in we are unfortunate enough to have at least one time where the most dour and unpleasant female would serve us.

Older lady with short, dyed blond hair should really learn to crack at least a smile and understand that manners are the cheapest thing going. On Saturday past there was 2 younger version working with her who seemed to be motivated by her attitude and was similarly disinterested and unhappy.

1  Thank GottaBeSure
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

First of all, that you for taking the time to post your observations and your kind comments concerning the food. I was very disappointed to learn about your experience with the staff however, as most have been working here for years and enjoy their job, generally going the extra mile to ensure an enjoyable visit. We failed on this occasion and for this I apologise and I would be delighted if you could contact me to discuss further.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife booked the Eglinton Arms for my 60th birthday party on the strength of the lovely experience we had when dining on our anniversary night last October. A further, highly enjoyable, Christmas Day Lunch ensured that we had made the right choice of venue for my big night.

We weren't disappointed! Carolyn and her staff were kind, helpful, efficient and very responsive to our needs and made the whole experience a worry free and memorable night. We used the resident DJ, James, who accommodated all our musical choices and our guest's requests.

The buffet was original and a great success with all. The fish & chips were talked about by everyone who had them. Breakfast was similarily delicious with a good choice for all diets.

We stayed over in the 'Honeymoon Suite' and would recommend it, not only to newlyweds, but to anyone who wants to have a special pampered evening. The feedback we have had from many of our guests that stayed over was also very enthusiastic, everyone commented on how lovely their stay was.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It is by far the best for many a mile and will be used by us for special occassions and whenever we want a special dining experience. Do join us!

Room Tip: All the rooms have rcently been refurbished, so you can't go wrong. Honeymoon suite is pure fantasy!