“Nice place and warm welcome” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel

BEST WESTERN Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Eaglesham B&B and Inns
“Nice place and warm welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I was there for the second time. I had very good memories and..... my second stay was even better. The rooms are confortable and clean. I find the place cosy and the staff efficient and friendly at the same time. In the evening, if you are tired and you do not want to exit for dinner, you can have dinner at the hotel restaurant. The prices are reasonable, the food good and the staff efficient and friendly at the same time. I'll come back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Czech first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently held our wedding ceremony and evening reception at the hotel. The hotel is such a beautiful wedding venue and it provides a fantastic atmosphere. The staff are extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful, in particular the hotel manager and events manager Carolyn and Barry who ensured every detail of the day ran smoothly from beginning to end. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the honeymoon suite is fabulous, we did not want to check out in the morning! The food was fantastic and chef easily accommodated our dietary requirements. We had our dream wedding and all guests commented on how well the day went and how great the hotel and staff were. We cannot thank Carolyn and Barry enough, they truly made our wedding day very unique and special. anyone looking for a venue to hold their wedding should look no further than The Eg.

Thanks again
Craig and Lauren Marshall
3rd May 2014.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,095 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Normally when travelling for work I stick to the chain type motels / hotels. I was however recommended to stay here by a supplier whom I was going to meet.
Very easy to find hotel, and in a very pleasant location, warm efficient staff, a good bar and reasonable food, breakfast was more than acceptable and overall value was excellent, the bathroom in my room (14) was very nicely decorated. I would stay again.,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the second time on business this month and on both stays I have to say the quality of the hotel accommodation, service and good were excellent.
Rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable.
The restaurant offers an excellent variety of food all of which was of a very high standard.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Larkhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would highly recommend the Eglinton Arms for anyone who is looking for a venue to be married in or to hold your reception also would recommend for any sort of celebration. The staff were amazing and so friendly. They made every1 feel welcome. The food was amazing and I have had all guest commenting on how good this was. The reason I choose this venue was every time I went to have a look everyone made u feel welcomed and it felt very homely. The rooms are also great value very spotless and clean so if you are looking for a great venue or even if you are out for lunch or dinner please pop along to the Eglinton Arms and see for your self.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I got married at the Eglinton Arms on the 15th March 2014 and in the run up to the wedding visited and ate in the hotel several times. From start to finish Carolyn and her staff could not have been more helpful or accomodating. From our initial viewing to packing everything away after the big day, every member of staff we encountered went out of their way to ensure that we and our guests were well looked after. The big day itself ran like clockwork thanks to careful planning and the efficiency of the staff. Everyone's meal was served piping hot and I'm still amazed that the chef managed to deliver about 90 steaks all cooked to perfection! We had several would-be foodies among our guests who are not easily impressed and even they were raving about the food - praise indeed! Most of the rooms in the hotel were booked by our guests and everyone agreed that the rooms were lovely and that they got great value for money.
All we really wanted from our wedding day was for our guests to be well looked after and for everyone to have a great time and party - and boy did they enjoy themselves! Maybe they were biased but everyone agreed it was the best wedding they'd attended. My husband and I had an amazing day and could not have asked for more. The hotel, the staff, the service, overall ambiance and value for money is excellent. If you are a prospective bride and groom looking for a venue for your wedding, I'd say go ahead and book with confidence, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 31 is the honeymoon suite and it is amazing!