“Beautiful Meal for all the family”

Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Eaglesham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went here for a meal with the family, to meet relatives that live in the area.
Reserved table was ready when we arrived and orders were taken quickly, with the meals coming out together, so no-one had to wait.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

More impressive than the pictures! Arriving late the restaurant was closed but they still went out of their way to at least make us a sandwich each - it was amazing! The rooms were fab and followed on from the swish decor throughout the main areas of the hotel. Enjoyable stay and every team member was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was also outstanding. I have nothing to fault what so ever!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband & I returned home yesterday after a week at this hotel.This was our 6th visit in just over a year,I think this speaks for itself.!!
The Eglinton is not the biggest hotel ,or the highest star rated hotel I have stayed in but is streets ahead of the rest.
The management & staff are wonderful,each and everyone of them,they can't do enough for you & go way beyond their remit.After so many visits they are like family to us.
The food is superb,service great & always delivered with a smile.
Rooms are spotless & beds super comfortable,tea & coffee in all rooms,loads of plugs to charge phones etc and in fact something I have never had in another hotel is a 24hour plug,which is great if you want to charge a Ipad or the like you can leave it plugged in all day & its ready when you return.

I just want to mention something else about the housekeeping staff.I was over last November for a important family occasion,I had major spinal surgery just 3 weeks prior to my visit and was still in a lot of pain.Each morning when I went down to breakfast those girls went in & serviced the room so as I wasn't disturbed again if I needed to lie down .They were amazing.

I actually hadn't planned to write a review on this visit as I have already reviewed it three times & there's not much more I can praise about my "perfect" hotel,but I was incensed when I read a recent review about not getting a refund when checking out early.Surely this person must know if he is so well travelled that all hotels have to follow policies and if he had booked knowing it was non refundable,what did he expect.Coming up to the Common Wealth games all local hotels have to stick to their policies & the Eglinton are no different.If he doesn't want to visit again because of this it's his loss.

Personally I can't wait to return.!!!

Room Tip: I normally have one of the rooms with velux windows,but if you would prefer not to have one of the r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Date stayed 28th June 2014

Myself and my wife were attending a wedding here and decided to book a room for the night. The room as huge and spacious, very well decorated and very very clean.

The room had everything we needed and more, the beds are so comfy we never wanted to get out of them. The skylight was a nice touch to the room, with the controls to operate the window and blinds were on the wall next to the desk.

Breakfast was OK, for the amount I paid I was hoping for a little more however it was enough. A bit more choice would have been good.

Staff nice and friendly, if I asked for help with anything, it's was never a hassle for them. I couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Take care, and thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. With regards to your breakfast, we feel we offer a wide selection with haggis, haddock & smoked salmon options offered in addition to the full Scottish breakfast items with a choice of starters from the buffet table, and I would be delighted if you could suggest additional items we could offer in the future?

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Friendly welcome yet again by the staff, clean comfy rooms, beautiful decoration. Meal in restuarant - the chefs special was faultless, you could have paid twice as much for it and it was delicious, duck breasts cooked perfectly slightly pink. The only complaint I have is the coffee at breakfast is so weak, it would be much better if they used cafieres or served it stronger.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the Eglinton Arms Hotel, Eaglesham recently. The hotel was lovely - room, bar and restaurant very clean and tidy. The staff were so friendly and helpful - definitely going to stay there again. Highly recommended and can't praise them enough. Thanks for a lovely stay!!! K. McGee

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Even if you`re a loyal returning customer (about £1,000 spent there in the last few years) whose favourable review [Trip Advisor 01/07/2013] has been read by many don`t expect any favours if you have to cancel a pre paid advance booking. Having booked three nights to attend a funeral in the area I had to return home one night early and despite past history the management refused point blank to amend the "no payback on cancellation" rule. It would have re-imbursed me about £68. Now I know "rules is rules" but any good businessman should know that retaining quality customers sometimes entails waiving a rule. Obviously the owner of this hotel thinks differently and as a result this previously enthusiastic customer and his family will never enter his hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MerryMarv
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I appreciate the time you've taken to provide feedback to us as well as to our colleagues at Best Western. Booking conditions for advance purchases prices are set down by them which are:
1. Full credit card prepayment for duration of stay
2. Hotel will not refund the payment in the event of a cancellation or non-arrival
3. No changes can be made to the booking without the hotel levying cancellation charges of the full cost of the booking.
We try always to be sensitive to our guests needs, be they our loyal, regular guests retuning on a weekly basis as well as to new visitors who are equally important to us and I am sorry you have made the decision not to return to us next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eaglesham
Best Western Garfield House Hotel
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns
New Lanark Mill Hotel

Been to Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!