“Home Delivery”

Price range: £15 - £30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since arriving on the Glasgow’s Southside in 1982, the name Turban Tandoori has become synonymous with quality Indian food. This has been achieved by using only the best local produce, fresh herbs and carefully selected whole spices. It is also in no small measure down to you, our customers. From day one till now your support has been overwhelming. Our cuisine ranges from the exotic to the simple homely cuisine of the North and South Indian region ensuring authentic taste and flavour. Our aim has always been to provide traditional dishes by preserving the classic Indian recipes and enhance our offering with some signature dishes to reflect the changing food trends in modern India. Over the years we have evolved to be instrumental in changing the perceptions of the subcontinent’s cuisine thus ensuring our position as one of Glasgow’s leading Indian restaurants and a destination of choice for Indian food lovers.
Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

When ordering by phone I queried the cost and was told that the 4 samosas I wanted were £4.95 each. Feeling that this was a bit much I completed the transaction anyway. When the food arrived there were 8 samosas and 4 large plastic cartons of a chick pea dish I didn’t order. I called the restaurant and spoke to the same man who took my original order. He told me that ‘ one portion of samosa’ was actually 2 and that the chick pea dish was its accompaniment. He should have told me this to begin with and I’d have saved my self £10. Also worth pointing out that the packaging should be drastically reduced. Don’t they know about the Climate Crisis! The food was average and I shan’t be ordering from them again.

Date of visit: November 2021

Reviewed 4 November 2021

returned to this restaurant for the first time in around 30yrs as i was back in Giffnock and it was where my dad used to take us. All I can say was it was great, just as good as I remembered if not better.
Only one down point is that you only have 2 hours so it was a bit rushed, it would have been nice to take our time but any case the service was excellent they really went the extra mile to check everything was ok for my mum who is lactose intolerant. the portions were huge and the tablet at the end was the icing on the cake. would definitely return next time we are in Glasgow

Reviewed 26 October 2021

Food and service are always good but was surprised last night - first time I’ve visited in 18 months - to be directed to a machine which put my image on a screen and then took my temperature. This seemed to be over-reach on the part of the management (and was the first time I’d encountered this) especially since the preferred way of wearing masks by the staff was either over mouth only or under chin. Won’t be visiting again.

1  Thank Geri2850
Reviewed 19 October 2021

Our first time back in 18 months and everything was just perfect. The guys were their usual kind & friendly selves, and all came over to say hello. Food arrived sizzling on the dish perfectly cooked just the way we like it. Monkfish, Salmon and King prawns- a pescatarian heaven- no one does it as good as the Turban. Great new ambiance and some nice plush new decor. Old school class.
Well done guys- great job as always. see you next week!

Reviewed 3 September 2021

Never been disappointed at the Turban but coming out with my husband and friends for a night out together after a long time was made extra special by the excellent service and delicious food. The 'curry doctor' couldn't have done more for us, food recommendations, accommodating requests and great and genuine service.

Date of visit: September 2021