“Hairs in curry were disappointing”
Review of Turban Tandoori

Turban Tandoori
Get food delivered
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Giffnock
Price range: £15 - £30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since arriving on the Glasgow’s Southside in 1982, the name Turban Tandoori has become synonymous with quality Indian food. This has been achieved by using only the best local produce, fresh herbs and carefully selected whole spices. It is also in no small measure down to you, our customers. From day one till now your support has been overwhelming. Our cuisine ranges from the exotic to the simple homely cuisine of the North and South Indian region ensuring authentic taste and flavour. Our aim has always been to provide traditional dishes by preserving the classic Indian recipes and enhance our offering with some signature dishes to reflect the changing food trends in modern India. Over the years we have evolved to be instrumental in changing the perceptions of the subcontinent’s cuisine thus ensuring our position as one of Glasgow’s leading Indian restaurants and a destination of choice for Indian food lovers.
Reviewed 16 February 2022

This has always been our place to go for many years. Staff are ALWAYS friendly and welcoming and the food itself usually can't be beaten. However we were disappointed with our recent delivery which resulted in us spotting not one but 3 grey hairs. Neither of us has Grey hair and we have no animals so 100% not ours. Put us righy off what would have been another very enjoyable meal.

Disappointed. Hair nets or something required in the kitchen! Come on Turban Tandoori, you're better than this!

Date of visit: February 2022

Reviewed 26 December 2021 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant. The food and service was excellent. We went on xmas day and the place had a fabulous atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 December 2021 via mobile

First time visit in along time. Temperature taken on entry. Felt safe . Staff excellent and was introduced to the chef special for a Friday Saturday. A meal made the style they would serve at home. Oh boy it was delicious. Portions were very good. Would come back.

Reviewed 17 December 2021

I visited this restaurant with a group of friends for our Christmas night out. I cannot find fault with it at all. We felt very safe with the covid measures in place. Our temperature was taken on arrival and staff were very careful to clean and sanitise the tables in between guests. The food was absolutely delicious and very filling. The waiters were friendly and efficient. A lovely night out. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

When ordering by phone I queried the cost and was told that the 4 samosas I wanted were £4.95 each. Feeling that this was a bit much I completed the transaction anyway. When the food arrived there were 8 samosas and 4 large plastic cartons of a chick pea dish I didn’t order. I called the restaurant and spoke to the same man who took my original order. He told me that ‘ one portion of samosa’ was actually 2 and that the chick pea dish was its accompaniment. He should have told me this to begin with and I’d have saved my self £10. Also worth pointing out that the packaging should be drastically reduced. Don’t they know about the Climate Crisis! The food was average and I shan’t be ordering from them again.

Date of visit: November 2021