“Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Came in with some friends for drinks and pancakes and have to say value for money was exceptional. The waiting staff who served us were very friendly and chatty although we did have to wait a while on the bill. Unfortunately, as we came to pay the bill we were served by another girl who was far from friendly. We asked if it was possible to pay separately and she said yes. However, after many explicit words murmured under her breath and a feisty "we don't actually do this", we were left disheartened and saddened by the service. There was no smile nor friendly tone and to be frank it was rude. If I return I hope not to be served by this woman again. Feel sorry for her colleagues who have to work alongside her.

• Visited July 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good family restaurant, nice place, nice staff”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went here with 4 adults and 5 kids (2-16), the staff were great. Completely un-hassled by 3 little boys running around. The menu ws totally suitable, and the kids had no trouble ordering something they liked and ate. The fact that they don't have an alcohol license is not a problem as they are quite clear that you can BYOB and there isn't a corkage charge.
The food was good, but not spectacularly so. It could be improved. Having said that I would happily bring family back here for a straightforward meal. Prices are fine - very suitable, and I wish this place every success.

• Visited June 2014
Port Bannatyne, United Kingdom
“Great value food and relaxed setting”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to come for coffee, lunch or an early dinner. Relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff within a love pond side setting. Menu is straightforward but always tasty and great value. The Boathouse burger with haggis is lovely and fish and chips is always good. My wife had a lovely smoked haddock risotto on our recent visit and we will definitely be back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Iain B
“Terrible again”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have given this place many tries since it opened in the hope that they might get it right eventually, they haven't, a quiet sunny Sunday evening the place is dead again with severely under trained staff left to run it as per usual, backs turned to the few customers in the place, too busy playing about and taking photos on their hand held check pads, I literally watched one of the staff members skip like a child across the restaurant floor! What are you doing??? The "supervisor" I put that term loosely, was left to run about to do everything while the six other staff literally did nothing, you should have sent them home and saved the money! I witnessed 2 tables of two come in and leave because no one greeted them at the door one of the couples came right up to the bar and still went unnoticed so left, I waited endlessly to get my table cleared where they could have up sold more coffees and cake to me but it never got cleared, I got a glass with food debris in it which I returned and they had no other clean glasses ready as they were all pilled up at the bar waiting to be cleaned by the "busy" staff. The owner of this place clearly has no idea how to run a food establishment and doesn't deserve to have this place in my opinion, I'm sick of people opening places with an amateur approach, sonos sound system which cuts out constantly, big dirty glass windows, bird excrement I can except on the outside but filthy on the inside I can not. I would either give this place up or sack all of your staff and start again, stop cutting corners by employing cheap labour, quality not quantity I believe, this way you might actually start to see more customers come back

9 Thank Dohertya
glasgow
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have been in for breakfast and lunch,today being my last time.Give the cooked breakfast a miss,produce dose not taste good and all reheated.Prawn sandwiches are lovely and the coffee.Today I was having omelette which was nice with salad.I returned a dirty glass,no apology and I was gave another one which actually had food attached to the rim so I gave that back as well and opted for a decaf T instead.My lunch partner had the breakfast(did try and talk them out of it).It was NOT NICE.We expected an apology and free T,s or coffees for the dirty glasses but got none.The owner should take a course in customer service as I have been in about 5 times now and he has never once said hello,Is your food alrite or goodbye.Plenty more places to spend your hard earned cash.

• Visited April 2014