“Need portions sorted out”
Review of Clark & Sons - CLOSED

Clark & Sons
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Dropped in with son's future in laws from Australia,place was very quite got a table served quickly with drinks and ordered food it came quickly and they were generous portions well presented and plentry of flavour.we ordered two cheese boards for desert three very small pices of chees two pieces toast no butter and a few grapes needs to be looked at not worth money.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We are regulars here for drinks but have never eaten. Very disappointing to say the least. My wife and I were meeting here after work as its close to our home. My wife arrived before me (30 mins) After 20 minutes of waiting without being offered a drink or menu she asked the waitress for a white wine with lemonade. After a short while her drink arrived, no lemonade, she kindly asked for a dash, the waitress, looking displeased, took her drink, placed it on the bar then proceeded to set 3 tables. Her drink returned just as I arrived. Struggling to chose from the menu we both opted for the surf and turf (medallions of fillet steak, 5 prawns, chips and béarnaise sauce which we changed for peppercorn. £25 EACH!!! it was that or a bag of peanuts! the meal arrived, prawns overcooked, rubber, chips soggy and greasy. Wish I went for the peanuts. didn't complain, silly young girls serving, short skirts, not interested, bored looking.

NEVER AGAIN.

3  Thank Darren B B
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We are regulars at Clark and Sons and although the food isn't amazing it has always been decent enough. However today was very different, the whole experience was very poor? The food was of a very low quality (burnt fish cakes and dry terrine) and portion size was tiny! Although we were the only table in the restaurant they took so long to clear our plates and serve our courses. The menu itself wasn't great - it's definitely changed since the last time we were in. We complained about the portion size to the waitress and she said she'd inform the kitchen but we didn't hear anything back. To top it all off, the place was freezing! We were sitting with our jackets on. The whole place felt different - like there were new owners. So disappointing! And it's not that cheap - definitely not worth the money. We'll give it one more chance but if it's anything like today again then we won't be back - we can cook better food ourselves.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is our local restaurant and we have been coming here on and off since it opened from the Rascasse a few years ago. We have had no real issue here and had always had a reasonable meal and service - and it's good to have the place in Clarkston.

We came here Wednesday, after work without the children and ate in the reataurant. We selected to 2 starters and mains from the pre-theatre menu - (£9.95 for the 2 dishes, so £20 for food which is ideal). We both had the crab cakes as a starter, followed by the steak burger for me and the pasta with tuscan sauage for my wife. I had 2 beers and my wife had a small glass of wine.

The menu has changed - which was nice to see. However, the crab cakes were not really as expected - and were a 'mush' rather than a cake. The burger I had was acceptable, but the main reason I thought I would write a review was how the manager handled my wife's meal.
My wife couldn't eat her pasta as it was just too salty. She declined a change of dish / desert as she simply wasn't hungry after trying her main.

We asked for the bill and expected the bill to be adjusted accordingly for not eating the main. Up until this point we had been served by a new member of staff - who actually was very good and apologetic.

The manageress, who has worked here since opening, dropped off the bill this time, she had a message from the chef: 'Chef says the pasta is unsalted and the sauce from the sausage can be salty - I've taken off the cost of the 2 starters' and left. No sorry, no nothing - terrible - needs retraining!

The next problem was the bill, the starters were indeed taken off but we were being charged for the cost of 2 main courses outside the pre-theatre menu and because of this the total exeeded the original £9.95 menu. We pointed this out to the new member of staff who had been serving us as the manager had dissappeared - he returned with 20% off the total bill - which still wasn't right!

By this time, we had had enough, paid and left.

Food poor. Manageress - terrible! Needs retraining! (So does chef!).

The only positive was the newly joined member of staff. Well done - you outclassed your manager.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was part of a birthday party for one of my friends. We all had different starters and main courses and the food was delicious. Service was very quick and efficient. As we had a birthday cake to eat, the staff were more than pleased to serve it and gave us a plate of icecream with cookies and chocolate pieces to add to our cake. The Birthday Girl (50 years young) had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the fuss made of her, thanks to the staff. This is the second visit we made to the restaurant and will be back again. Another friend, when I told her we were going to Clark & Sons, told me that she and her friends are regular visitors and every time she visits the food is always delicious.