Carnbooth House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Busby Hotel(Clarkston)
Torrance Hotel(East Kilbride)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding venuefirst classafternoon teaon arrivalsandwichesjuniper roomdrawing roomyoung mansalmoncocktail barmain coursefour poster bedwedding receptionspecial mentionmember of staffcooked to perfectiontwo courses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We got married at Carnbooth in April 2013 and had the most incredible day which was seemlessly assisted by the staff. Anything we asked for was never any trouble and the staff accommodated all our requests. Our family and guests had a fabulous experience and were thoroughly impressed by the quality of the food and staff.
We returned tonight for our anniversary dinner and the staff remember us and details of our wedding. All encounters with staff at Carnbooth have been extremely positive and we couldn't recommend them highly enough. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JillSpiers
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I booked the Carnbooth House for my daughters christening (2nd Feb) and it was a brilliant day. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and attended to any needs my self and guests had. Alan, our bar man, was well trained and kept my guest entertained and happy with his service. I had a party of 45+ guests and there was one main server called Lee, who stayed on the ball with clearing the tables and bringing out the next courses. I was very pleased with the service throught the event as it was a special day for my daughter! I would recommend the Carnbooth House to evryone, no matter the occasion , they are only too happy to help cater for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Carnbooth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Hi Kimberly
Thank you for your kind words.
We love helping people celebrate and plan their special occasions. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
from all at Carnbooth.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just returned from an event at this hotel and it all seemed very disorganised. There was a long wait at the bar with one person serving whilst other staff loitered in the reception area doing nothing. The food was long overdue being served and the staff not that polite. This experience was shared by fellow guests on the day.

I think it could be nice, the managers need to tighten things up a bit.

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Needmoreholdiays!
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Carnbooth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience, good or bad we like to hear about peoples experiences.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review and assure you that our staff training program is ongoing,

I would be very grateful if you would take the time to contact me vie jhilton@carnboothhouse.com so as i can gain a better understanding of your experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went here for a wedding and I must admit before the wedding I had never heard of the place, but on approach in the taxi the house looked really nice. The hotel only has a few rooms so we thought the whole hotel was booked out by the wedding party, however, there were a few random guests strolling around the hotel looking slightly out of place amongst us wedding guests. The bar near the entrance to the house was quite small and seemed a bit crammed as we waited to be invited through to the wedding service. This was performed in a large marquee and was a really nice location for a wedding. The only downside was the marquee was freezing and I heard a few guests having a moan at this throughout the day as it did not improve and only the alcohol and dancing would heat everyone up throughout the night. Dinner was really nice and the service from start to finish was excellent. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Before this we had went to another bar near the rear of the house and this was bigger than the bar at the front, but only had one girl serving and despite being friendly she surely wasn't properly trained. The lagers served were fit only for a flake to be added and at nearly £5 each you expect better. They also ran out of wine glasses and when ordering a large wine I felt as if I was causing the girl some hassle and believe she commented 'not another wine'. More staff would have prevented this. Between stages I feel guests were slightly crammed like sardines in a tin, but overall a really nice location for a wedding and I wouldn't let small niggles put anyone off. Whilst we were waiting for the marquee being prepared for the night time entertained we were in reception at the front and staff members passed us with food a few times and this looked really nice. Overall everyone seemed to enjoy theirselves as everything went smoothly! There was a lot of waiting around, but this tends to be a theme at weddings I find.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We are delighted that you enjoyed the wedding you attended recently at our venue and took the time to post a review
You would be correct in assuming that for the majority of weddings all eight of our unique bedroom suites are booked out to wedding guests however we are a fully functioning hotel and as such our restaurant remains open to the public during lunch and our private dining room is often booked for private functions in the evening. This has no impact on any wedding taking place within the hotel.

Our marquee is fully heated, with hot air heaters and on occasion we do turn the heaters down so as to minimize any noise interference during ceremonies, following the ceremony and turn around times the heating is returned to a higher setting. I apologise If on this occasion you felt it was an uncomfortable temperature and i will ensure this is something that is looked into in further depth.

I am glad you have brought the number of bar staff to my attention and can assure you this is not normal practice. Unfortunately we have been experiencing technical difficulties with our bear lines in our brasserie bar and this is being dealt with as a matter of urgency.

We do encourage wedding guests to enjoy the various areas throughout the house during turn around times in the marquee and i feel this may not have been properly expressed during your visit, guests feeling 'crammed' anywhere is not acceptable, ensuring guests are aware of all available areas within the house will be addressed through our ongoing staff training program.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of your visit further i would lo be happy to hear form you via jhilton@carnboothhouse.com.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I regularly visit here for coffee meets with friends and today had lunch with 2 other friends. Over priced soup and sandwich which was very poor quality. The food took forever to come even though it was quiet. Doubt if I will return given this experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Gordonm2

It saddens me that you failed to enjoy your experience at Carnbooth and would be very interested to learn more about your experience, We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy their visit to our unique venue and it would appear our standards were not met during your visit. i would be very grateful if you would take the time to contact me via jhilton@carnboothhouse.com so as i can look into the matter further.