“Fantastic,”
Review of Lilac Cottage

Lilac Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Laggan
Lilac Cottage
Ranked #2 of 2 South Laggan B&B and Inns
kent,uk
“Fantastic,”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed for one night last monday night whilst doing the GGW. After a bad experience the previous night Francis was fantastic from the start. Warm and welcoming, with coffee and home made cakes on arrival and lots of newspaper to spread my wet gear out on in front of the radiator in my room ,plus hanger on the rad for more clothes. also the offer of any free radiators if needed.
Nothing was too much bother for her and she ran me and a couple of guys down to the eagle barge pub/restaurant. The best B&B in Scotland.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank c0lwar

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Thank you to Frances for your generosity and friendliness whilst staying at your lovely B&B. The home baking on arrival was very much appreciated. Nothing was too much bother and you certainly go our of your way to make guest feel at home. This very kind lady also drove us to see the Veil of the Seven Heads then onto the pub after this. Breakfast was plentiful and set us up for our day 3 on GGW. Would certainly recommend this accommodation to others and will be back. Thank you Frances from Mo, Yvonne & Anne.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

The reason to visit this place is called Francis. She is such a lovely, helpful and caring elderly lady that in 'Service' she actually deserves six stars. The minute we arrived we were asked whether we would like some tea or coffee. It was accompanied by two kinds of homemade cake - wonderful. Next thing she offered us was a reservation and ride to the nearest restaurant - and insisted that in case the restaurant folks shouldn't drive us home at night we should call her - any time. Although we wouldn't have dared to make use of the last offer, it was so caring! The cottage itself is outdated - it reminds me of the generation of my grandmothers and isn't anyway close to modern. And yes, Francis is in the B&B-business since 1967. But her cottage is very clean - and the highway passing by actually didn't bother us: after 40 km of hiking we fell asleep within minutes. And in the morning she received us with a wonderful breakfast - and an individualized lunch bag. So again: you should look forward to meet Francis!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Lupus70
London
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I thought long and hard about whether to write this review because the owner was charming, warm and helpful - and also makes fabulous biscuits - which we received on arrival. On balance however I did feel it was worth saying that even though this was the cheapest place we stayed in - it could do with an update to stay competative - particularly the bed which I found lumpy and uncomfortable, and the shower.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missflipflop76
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I stayed here as part of my Great Glen Way trip. Frances looked after me superbly. I actually overshot my exit from the Way and Frances insisted on picking me up by car. On arrival she had home made cake, and tea waiting for me; and after a 15 mile hike, that was a very welcome surprise. The room was large and bathroom and shower was right outside my door.
She also acted as a taxi service to the Great Glen Water park there and back for my evening meal and offered to book a table ahead for me.
The bnb is right beside the Great Glen Hostel and directly on the A82. I did find the passing traffic a small issue in the morning, but since I was up early for the next leg of my walk it wasn't a great problem. You may like to ask if there is a room facing away from the main road; but Frances level of service trumphs that easily.
Her breakfast was lovely.
The Great Glen Water park meal was nothing to write home about, but you're options are a bit limited in this area. The Eagle Barge wasn't open at my time of visit, so that could be looked at.
I would recommend staying here as the level of comfort and service was superb, and Frances is a lovely lady.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
#1 of 2 in Fort Augustus
Great Glen Hostel
Great Glen Hostel
#1 of 2 in South Laggan

Been to Lilac Cottage? Share your experiences!