“Outstanding House”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of MacKenzie House

Feature Staircases Upper lounge opening to balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Feature Staircases
Upper lounge opening to balcony
Lounge
Sunset view from balcony
Cinema
Sauna
Highland cow with view
Bar
Loch Lait-10 minute walk from house.
Gallery lounge area
Back garden with hot tub & fountain
Relaxation area leading out to hot tub
Lots of ideas for great days out
Drinks on the balcony
Patio & BBQ area
Appreciation- from 3 very special guests
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Outstanding House ”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Well I'm not long home from a truly fantastic weekend at Mackenzie House with my family 12 of us aged from 2.5 to 78 yrs!

Where to start. The views you get on route to the house are just fantastic.

We soon unpacked and settled into our weekend retreat! The boys playing snooker while the girls enjoyed a wee prosecco in the hot tub! Followed by a heat in the sauna!

The rooms are well presented with plenty of different seating areas which is perfect. A fantastic dining table with plenty space for everyone to sit together.

Oh not forgetting the cinema! Which was fab.

The views from the house are amazing.

The attention to detail in each room with the chocolate and water along with towels and toiletries in the bathroom was first class.

Would I recommended yes of course.

Thanks again from the Reid family

7 Jun 2017
Thanks for your lovely comments.
So delighted you all had a fantastic time & made good use of all the facilities . I am so glad the weather stayed favourable & enabled you to appreciate the views at the house and surrounding area. It was a pleasure meet the members of your group that I did:). Hope to maybe meet you all again the future. Gail
Mischa P
“Very nice”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

This was a lovely place to stay with plenty of things to do. We were a group of friends and everyone was very impressed with the house. Gail was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Thanks for a great time!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
1 Jun 2017
Thanks Mischa , it was lovely to meet you all & I am glad you enjoyed your time at Mackenzie House
Shetlande...
Shetland Islands, United Kingdom
“Amazing house!”
Reviewed 29 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

What a fabulous property!! We had a family weekend booked for my partner's Mum's birthday. Gail is an excellent host, answered my numerous questions quickly and was very accommodating when our flights were delayed on our way there. The house is roomy, immaculately presented and we all had a ball. Gail bought balloons and banners for the birthday girl which was such a nice touch and very kind. The bedrooms are decorated beautifully and the small touches make it luxurious like the lovely welcome pack and water/sweets in each bedroom. There's a hot tub, full size snooker table, barbeque and fabulous cinema room. The children didn't want to leave! We will definitely be back again, hopefully for longer. I've stayed in several self catering properties and this is my favourite by far. The only negative is having to leave! Thanks so much Gail!

1 Jun 2017
Thanks for your lovely comments Laura & it was my pleasure to help out where I could for such a special occasion. Thanks also for making reference to the bedroom decor as this is all down to a very good friend of mine (Morag)-who has made all the pictures/soft furnishings etc & deserves the credit.
It was a pleasure to have you at Mackenzie house & I really hope to welcome you back in the future.
Claireand...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Amazing ❤️ Xx”
Reviewed 7 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We booked our stay at short notice for my mother-in laws 60th birthday. Gail was so helpful throughout the whole process even buying birthday banners and a huge 6 and 0 balloon for the house.
We got slightly lost getting to the house but Gail came and found us and took us directly to it.
The house itself is just beautiful, with all the added touches it makes a fantastic stay, we had a lovely welcome basket on arrival along with bottles of water and chocolate beside everyone's bed.
There were 10 of us in total but the house never felt to small, the boys loved the pool table and cinema room while us girls loved the hot tub. We only left the house once the whole weekend and that was for shopping as there is so much to keep you entertained within the house.
Gail has turned this house into a relaxing holiday home which we will definitely be returning to in the future, for longer though as a weekend just wasn't long enough to take in all the beautiful sights and enjoy the house properly
Even after leaving the house I got a message from Gail advising we had left a coat, no problem though as thankfully it as was delivered to us 1st class a few days later.
Thankyou so much Gail for everything we all had a fantastic weekend in your beautiful holiday home and my mother in-law had a 60th she will never forget.
A beautiful holiday home made even more special by its fantastic owners and all the finishing touches
Would recommend to anyone xx xx

22 May 2017
Wow-thank you for such a positive review, I am delighted you all had such a positive experience. It was my pleasure to help in any way I could to make your stay at the house as pleasurable as possible & I am so glad you chose it for such a special event. Thanks for sharing your pictures, they look great. Look forward to meeting you all again in the future. Gail xx
Kellie D
inverness
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Owners lovely, house amazing couldnt ask for a nicer venue. Will defo book again. Cinema great gor the kids. Lovely large dining table if you have a lot of guests. Pool table for the boys and hot tub. X

5 May 2017
Thanks so much for your lovely comments & so glad you had such a pleasant experience. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Mackenzie House in the future.
Reviewed 27 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

2 May 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely comments . We are so glad you chose Mackenzie House for such a special occasion & delighted that you all had such a positive experience
It truly was a pleasure to meet you and we very much hope you will return again in the future.
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
18 Apr 2017
It was a pleasure to meet you and your family Joyce & I am glad you chose Mackenzie House for your special birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing