Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
£59
Agoda.com
£59
No fees just great deals
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my brother and his family while they were over visiting from Canada. We stayed for two nights.
Although these pods look small on the outside, they will surprise you when you see the inside which I have also added photos off. Ours was a family sized one, it had a double bed half way up the wall, and two single beds on the ground at the sides. This meant there was room for someone to sleep under the double bed as there was 5 of us. They provide mattresses and a thin sheet, but we had to bring all our bedding stuff with us, but you can also hire bed packs if you want. To be honest I only used my pillow as it was so warm inside the pod that we didn't even need to use the heater.
Inside the pod are two heaters, one fixed to the wall and one with wheels. Also a free standing lamp.
There are also two hooks available inside your pod so you can hang your jackets/coats up.
There are two sockets in the pod you can use for electricity, however cooking is not allowed inside the pods. They do have BBQ areas though you can use for cooking.
There is also a large table with benches, and another curved bench, plus plenty of rocks and logs you can sit on outside.
They also have a dish washing area with warm water and plates and cutlery you can use as long as you wash them after use.
I would advise to bring your own cutlery though as well as there are ten pods so lots of people around. It was still quiet although all pods were taken when we were staying and the campsite has a no noise policy after 10pm so everyone is quiet after then or goes to their pod as the pods are sound proof.
There is also free wifi which they give you a code for in an information folder, it's got quite good service except at night when everyone is at the camp trying to use it, but this was not a problem as we did not come to camp to be on our phones the whole time.
The owner of the camp Anna and her daughter came over too see us with their two dogs and they were very friendly and polite. They made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed.
There are two showers, one for men, one for women and plenty of toilets. These were kept very clean. This is just temporary though as they are building a shower block which will be great for future campers. They even have a bucket with different shampoos, conditioners, body wash e.t.c campers leave behind or they also provide hair and body gel in the shower.
Outside the showers are hooks for your towels and a stool for your clothes while you shower. The showers have curtains and are private.
If you want to bring a dog it's just £2 extra per night. You are allowed a maximum of 2 dogs but I think it would be £2 per dog per night.
It cost £90 on booking.com for the 5 of us (3 adults and two kids) to use the pod for 2 nights which I thought was brilliant.
They are strong on recycling and have different garbage bins for different items, but I think this is a good idea.
I can't think of anything else I've missed, but if you have a question please don't hesitate to ask me as I like to try and be as helpful as I can as I know what it's like when you want to know all the details of a trip you are planning!
Also if you found my review helpful, please give it a thumbs up thanks :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank SaraLovesTravel
Reviewed 24 August 2016

The owners were very hospitable. The pods are so warm and inviting. Beautiful scenery on travel to site and only 5 miles from Loch Ness. Family friendly. Facilities are really clean and everything is well kept. We shall be visiting again. We stayed for four nights, but it's also great to use as a base for travelling to other places. 👍

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We loved camping pod heaven, especially my 18 month old son. It's in a lovely spot surrounded by hills and woodland. We only stayed for one night and it was comfortable, met the owner who was very friendly and pleasant. Charming and spacious pods. (Bring everything apart from a mattress) Shared facilities are close by and clean enough, but a new building is currently being constructed which I think will give 4 star reviewers the reason to vote 5 stars next time :) ps don't forget midge repellent - they are rife in this area!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Clean camping pods with the personal touch of having the first name of the person booking them to identify yours when you arrive.

Toilet facilities include showers and are in temporary cabins next to the rustic dish washing area, but the toilets and showers were CLEAN! . There is a large covered table for outdoor eating which has a bbq area adjacent. There is also a raised fire pit with a cover over for a warming / midge dispersing fire.

We stayed there two nights, one at the beginning and one at the end of our North Coast 500 road trip. We had 4 adults to a pod which was tight, and the fact we had two cars with us did upset their parking system a little. That said, on our second visit it looks like they had thought about this and put us in a pod next to one being refurbished, so we had ample space.

While this year's facilities are in temporary buildings, a purpose built toilet / shower block was under construction and should be ready next year.is kept as clean as the temporary ones are then this would make this an even better stop over.

Room tip: Al the Camping Pods look the same. Some have parking for a car next to them, others have use a nearby small car park.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CliveElsdon
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Brilliant place, recommend it- few miles from city centre, but out in the sticks. Easy to find, very affordable, clean smart and good efforts towards keeping things green. showers clean and hot, new block being built. Stayed in wooden pod which was surprisingly spacious, cosy and neat. Atomsphere on site was family friendly and easy going with owners and staff keen to help with anything needed. Stayed one night as part of ongoing journey, had three kids and dog, all of us keen to return and spend some time there. As a camping entusiast it pains me to admit, may find it hard to return to camping under canvas if places as affordable and good as this exist. So cosy, lockable and spacious- why take a tent and all the kit?
Took our own blankets and pillows. Oil heater in the pod if required and somewhere to recharge phone

Trip type: Travelled with family