“Rainbows, reindeer and jaw-dropping views”
other travellers have booked this property
Coopers Knowe House with the hills and the loch in the background
The lounge with wood-burning stove and double height ceiling The lounge also boasts fabulous views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coopers Knowe House with the hills and the loch in the background
The lounge with wood-burning stove and double height ceiling
The lounge also boasts fabulous views
Looking back from the loch
Deer are regular visitors to the garden
The kitchen with central island and up to the minute appliances
The dining room - the table extends to seat 10
The games room - pool table, table tennis top, TV, PlayStation 3, darts
Soaking up the stunning views
The house in winter with snow capped hills in the background
The master suite with views of the loch and the hills
Ready for breakfast on the balcony
Time for tea in the snug
Wonderful Scottish light
The private sandy beach on the estate
The ground floor bedroom with its own terrace
The west facing bedroom with ensuite shower room
The en-suite to bedroom 4 with Japanese-style square bath
The twin-bedded room
The first floor landing
Fabulous scenery all around
Take a sea-kayakking excursion on the loch
Enjoy the perfect day out for steam railway & Harry Potter fans: a trip on the Jacobite steam tr
Nearby Traigh golf course: one of the most scenic in the UK
A golden eagle - regularly sighted nearby
Hoping for a bite from the rocks close to the house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Taylor K
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Rainbows, reindeer and jaw-dropping views”
Reviewed 10 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Cooper's Knowe was just the home we were looking for on our first trip to Scotland (with two small children). The owners went out of their way to accommodate our young family's special needs and they were always accessible by email.
Our stay was the perfect getaway from the busy life back home. Sheep graze in the pastures, birds soar out the large windows and the light on the mountains and loch changes minute-to-minute. It's gorgeous outside as well as inside. Our only complaint is that the week went by far too quickly! Sadly, time flies at Cooper's Knowe.

We loved every minute.

Thank you!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the amenities.
Liked least: The brevity of our time in the home.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Dear Taylor K

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. It's always a particular pleasure to welcome first-time visitors to Scotland and I'm so pleased that your holiday proved the perfect getaway. I always feel the views are indeed rather special so I'm delighted you felt the same.

I hope one day to be able to welcome you back to Coopers Knowe House.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful home in a great setting.
Liked least: Nothing that owners could control.
Dear johnd1232015

I'm very grateful to you for going to the trouble of posting such a detailed review and I'm of course absolutely delighted that the house was enjoyed so much by all the members of your family. Really sorry that the wifi connection proved a little slow during your stay - I'm afraid being in a fairly remote area of Scotland means broadband speed are not always as fast as they are in other places across the UK.

Also sorry that we couldn't serve up better weather for your stay - I'll be working on this for next time!
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything really - but the beds were THE best ever!
Liked least: Leaving
Friends getaway Families with young children
Dear Joan B

I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and of course it's wonderful to hear that you thought Coopers Knowe House fabulous and the views magical - I'll admit I find the deer pretty magical too and I see them quite often. I'm also pleased you enjoyed the Lochailort Inn which is only a few minutes' drive away.

I hope you will choose to holiday with us again before too long.
Justin046
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A Fabulous self catering Holiday”
Reviewed 19 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We arrived at Coopers Knowe House on Saturday September 5th for our annual trip to Scotland and everything was in perfect order and the setting is just beautiful. The house itself is furnished to a very high standard and has a games room too! I let my wife beat me at table tennis, it makes for better domestic bliss!
We were lucky enough to see a magnificent stag walk past the lounge window late one evening too. Great area for walking, fresh farm eggs just up the road, local smokehouse, it is just a perfect holiday destination.
The weather was perfect too what more can I say apart from we would love to return next year and the year after and the year after..................

Liked best: The House and it's location
Liked least: Nothing,
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
Dear Justin046

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review and of course for being so complimentary about Coopers Knowe House and your holiday generally. Thanks also for mentioning the fresh farm eggs - which is something I often overlook and may well be of interest to future guests.

We do hope you will decide to return before too long.
Reviewed 24 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Wi-fi was a little tempermental
Travelling group: Large Group
Dear Linda O

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to post a review and of course I'm delighted you liked the house so much. I'm also pleased that you took advantage of all the attractions round and about - for those who enjoy wildlife and outdoor activities, there really is a great deal to see and do.

I hope we'll be able to welcome you back sometime in the future.
Traveler8...
London
“Outstanding home where beautiful family memories were made”
Reviewed 10 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed at Coopers Knowe House at the end of March for a family holiday. It was a long drive from London but well worth the distance as the property was outstanding and far better than we could have ever imagined. Pat provided us with so much support before our visit, so this really helped us with our planning. Upon arrival we were greeted by the housekeeper who showed us around. The property has amazing views and whilst the weather was not on our side there was plenty to do in the house (courtesy of the games room) and beautiful views. We spend our time making lovely family meals and just relaxing and talking. The home was very well equipped with amenities and mod cons. My parents have mobility issues and occupied the ground floor bedroom. I was pleasantly surprised to find a shower chair in the garage. The owners really have thought of everything ! would definitely recommend this house and look forward to returning one day.

Liked best: living room
Liked least: weather
Dear s3

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review and I'm so pleased the house worked well for your family and was worth the very long drive. I'm also delighted you found the shower chair which has proved very useful for the less mobile amongst our guests.

I hope we'll be able to welcome you all back to Coopers Knowe House before too long.
Magdalena...
Kettering, United Kingdom
“The best place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I loved every moment in Coopers Knowe House. Perfect location where everyone can relax with the highest standards. Fantastic house, perfect bedrooms and beautiful views with deers behind windows. I couldn't imagine better place to stay. My family and friends loved every moment in Pat and Bob house. Thank you for your very welcomed gift on the beginning, and beautiful stay in this perfect house:)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: High standard, great service and location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Dear Magdalena

I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and I'm delighted that you liked the house and got to see the deer which are such a special sight in the woods beside Coopers Knowe House. I hope you will consider staying with again some time in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing