We stayed for 6 nights and had a wonderful time. I had found it impossible to hire a car from the UK, we booked the holiday fairly last minute and all small rental cars were booked, but this was efficiently sorted out for us by Andrea and Stacia. We were picked up at the airport which was great after a long flight, Sam the car hire man was lovely and rates were very competitive. Throughout our stay, all staff were friendly and helpful.
This was our first trip to Barbados and Sea-U was a great place to start, we loved the cooling breeze, the simple but tasteful and comfortable rooms. It was good to have a fridge and plates, cutlery etc so that we could prepare a simple meal in the evenings after a large lunch! We ate in the restaurant once and enjoyed sitting chatting to the other guests. Breakfasts were good, fresh fruit, toast, cereal and always well cooked eggs of any type.
We explored most of the East coast area and would particularly recommend Hunte's Gardens and St Nicholas Abbey. We had a delicious lunch at the cafe run by Sam, I think it is the Garage, just up the hill from The Atlantis. Our favourite place for lunch (only on Weds, Thurs, Sat and buffet on Sun) was The Cove, just up the hill from Cattlewash beach.
Thanks very much to all the staff who looked after us so well, we hope to see you again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba