I have been coming to Harbour Island for years. I have seen the island change, some for the good and some for bad, over the years. I recently stayed at Romora Bay, after having stayed in rental homes, but this year we only needed a couple rooms, as opposed to an entire house. Wow, what a grandios new marina. I was amazed at the improvements to the property. The little bar at the seaside has evolved into a hip, chic spot on Harbour Island. Watching the native band the Brilanders perform on Sunday night was fantastic. The food was outstanding and while there we met the managers and the new Chef, Matthew. What a superb team running the joint. Our most memorable aspect of this trip was interacting with the staff of Romora Bay. Pat at the coffee shop was truly the nicest Bahamian person we have ever encountered. Stephan in the lobby assisted us with dining reservations and a golf cart. Antoine and the staff at the Sunsets Restaurant made us feel like old friends every time. We were also able to eat at the newly opened Vue restaurant and Chef Matthew prepared the best food we have had. No wonder he has trained in places like The French Laundry! Absolutely outstanding. My husband and I and our friends were so impressed with Romora Bay, its staff, its management, and the entire experience. Upon going back to Harbour Island next year, we will be staying with our dear friends at Romora Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romora Bay Resort and Marina blends timeless Bahamian ambience, international service standards, and Harbour Island’s own rich architecture to create a resort and marina destination unlike any other in the Bahamas. Discover an all-encompassing resort and marina with 14 unique, boutique style rooms, a spacious marina with over 40 slips catering to vessels up to 160 feet, and two of Harbour Island’s best restaurants featuring seasonal menus with the best home-made pasta, meat, fish and fresh produce by Chef Paolo Di Chiara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Romora Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romora Bay Club Hotel Harbour Island
- Romora Bay Hotel
- Romora Bay Harbor Island
- Romora Bay Resort & Marina Harbour Island, Bahamas