“Needs service improvement”
Review of Coral Sands Hotel

Coral Sands Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Harbour Island
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with 6 people during new years eve. The hotel's location is perfect but the big house area is super dark and service is really bad specially at the bar and around the pool area. Nobody was ever there to take orders and if you leave the glasses from the beach bar at the pool area chances are you will find them intact the next day. You have to almost bag to have drinks at the bar at night. There is no wifi around the beach restaurant area and pool and again service during breakfast was really slow. We got a good bedroom- spacious but the sofa bed for the kids was really unconfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Clagmac
Luna541, Owner at Coral Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear guest,

I am so sorry that you had problems with the service at the hotel. We strive to reach out to all our guests and make them feel at home and with all the service they need and should expect.

I apologize if our staff failed to do this. We will try much harder in the future to assure you that it will not happen again.

If you return to Harbour Island,please give us another try.

Regards,
Coral Sands Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Coral Sands five nights and all we talk about since we got back home is how much we miss the island and that we want to go back again!

When we first got to the hotel after flying in to Eluethra and taking the taxi boat over to Harbour island we felt very welcome and where immediately taken by the extraordinary location of Coral Sands.
Me and my husband stayed in a suite with a terrace facing the ocean while his parents stayed in a lovely beach cottage ("Sea Oats") with stairs from the porch leading straight down to the beach! Amazing!!!

Early every morning I started my day with either a run or walk on this beautiful beach. Great way of starting the day,,, and necessary, since we had both lovely lunches and luxury dinners :)

We really loved to sit down at Toms Bar (at the hotel) for lunch since you never want to let go of the view and the fresh seafood/fish there was amazing!
And the Piña Coladas and Daiquiri's was to die for!

We rented to golf carts so we could easily drive around the little island and it was very convenient.

Over all we spent most of our time at the beach cottage "Sea Oats", the beach and at the fine dining restaurants and we had a great week together with our family. Totally relaxing!

Great tennis court too, which we tried out even though it was a little to hot for tennis that day.

I would say this is the perfect place for a honeymoon vacation too!

We loved it and as mentioned before, we can't wait to get back to Harbour Island and Coral Sands!

Anna Batchelor and the Batchelor family, Miami Beach

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Annabatchelor
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My now-husband and I got married at Coral Sands in May. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this week was for us - much to the thanks of the amazing staff at Coral Sands! We stayed in an Ocean View Deluxe Room (which provide a bedroom, an enormous ocean front terrace, and separate living area), but every room we saw had views of the crystal blue waters and the pink sands beach and even when they were “garden view” you were less than 100 yards from the beach and sands (and really how much time do you spend in your room). The food was some of the best I’ve tasted in my life, and I’ve lived in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Washington DC (not to mention I’ve been all around the world including London, Paris, etc.). Pamela, the General Manger, is not only fluent in the island, but has a passion in making her guests not only satisfied, but feel like superstars in their own right. Silma, the wedding planner, took care of everything! Instead of worrying about the minutia, we were able to say things like “we were think of a cake with flowers”…“ we were thinking floating candles in vases”…“we were thinking cocktails on the beach”… No matter what our whim, Coral Sands accommodated and it was the even better than our wildest dreams. I can’t stop going on and on about it, because it really was that amazing! I have Aunts and Uncles say that it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to (and they have kids!). But getting back to the staff, I can’t name them all, but we really felt like a prince and princess for our wedding, however, we learned it wasn’t just because of our special day, every guest is a Coral Sands becomes a “family member” waiting to happen. I’m already planning my next trip and imagine it will be a yearly destination for years to come! If you are considering getting married in the Bahamas, please look at Coral Sands. And if you are just looking for the most romantic getaway ever, you should still make a trip, tell Matthew at the Beach Bar we say hello! :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank awilnerheard
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our third stay there and we hope for many more. The pleasant staff, the grounds, the expanded beach bar, and the beautiful beach all made for a great 6 day stay! Forgive me if I leave anybody off but Coral Sands employees like Lyndon, Brad, King, Matthew, TeeJay, Kervin, Teresa, Gazel, Julian, and James H not only are the best but true good will ambassadors of Harbour Island!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike I
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We loved the Coral Sands! We did a day trip from Nassau (we were staying at The Cove Atlantis) and decided to stay the night even though we didn't have a change of clothes! It was a wonderful experience. The beach is beautiful and perfectly quiet and the sand is an amazing light pink. The food at the restaurant was delicious and very sophisticated. We also had lunch at the Blue Bar next door and had a great time. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Anything with an ocean view is great because you get the wonderful trade winds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cobe822
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We would have never made this trip if it were not that a very special friend's daughter was marrying on the island. The white sands of the FL Pahhandle are just perfect for me and traveling so far to just walk on pink sand seemed frivolous. But travel we did with a flight to MIA, then a regional flight to North Eleuthera, then a taxi to the dock, then a motor boat ferry to Harbour Island and finally a golf car ride to the hotel. What greeted some weary travelers was a delightfully friendly staff, a lovely Caribe suite facing the ocean, and a great Bahama beach getaway. While vacationing on the island is expensive, it was worth it. The hotel common areas were many, both inside and out. The room was simply decorated but right for my tastes. The small size of this boutique hotel led you to have ready access to everything without a hike. While I still love the Seaside Seagrove area of Florida, I hope some day to return to this sleepy island and stay with my whole family at the Coral Sands.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jigs1149
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I came down to Harbour Island for the first time from NYC for a long weekend getaway. It was just as amazing as all of the reviews I had read. The Island itself was so amazing and unique. The hotel was expensive but worth the money! The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. We ate at the top few restaurants on the Island, and Coral Sands Restaurant was our top pick. We loved it here and can't wait to come back for another vacation.

Room Tip: The cottages are worth the money!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8 mi away
The Cove Eleuthera
The Cove Eleuthera
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town

Been to Coral Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!