“Relaxing and Lovely”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Harbour Island
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Relaxing and Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I travelled here for a quick weekend getaway. you'd be hard pressed to find a more stunning beach on the island. This quaint town is perfect for the couple that just wants to get away and relax. The food was actually quite good - I was pleasantly surprised. The accommodations were, again, stunning. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Make sure you rent a golf cart in advance, if possible!

Room Tip: Stay in Dixie Creek - it's right by the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tiffany M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I booked Pink Sands for a Caribbeam vacation based on Magazine reviews and the Pink Sands web site. It did not measure up to the pictures or the reviews. It was not bad, just tired, little space to move around and the "just steps to the beach was a joke". I rented the Ocean fron one bedroom cottage. The service was spotty, the turn down service was after 9pm when we were already back at the room, the menu in the Blue Bar was the same everynight, and the beach access was more trouble than it was worth. The beach itself is a pretty color but frankly it looked like a good day on the panhandle beaches in Florida. I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and the value just was not there. I will search out other properties in the Bahamas for future visits.

Room Tip: Do not stay in any Garden view cottages!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Provobabe
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We have travelled many of the Bahama islands and the pristine Pink Sands Resort on Harbour Island is a hands - down favorite. The cottages are beautiful, comfortable, and relaxing. We stayed in an ocean view room that had a short path directly to the gorgeous pink sand beach. Loved the robes and evening turn down service (with cookies!) in the rooms. It was extremely refreshing to open the doors in the mornings and enjoy the breeze and beautiful ocean view. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and ready to accommodate. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and refreshing :-) Happy Hour at the Blue Bar. Dinner at the Blue Bar was amazing and the only restaurant on the island serving dinner with an ocean view. There are kayaks, boogie boards, snorkel gear, etc. for guests to use on the beach, but we chose to just walk and relax on the beach. The sand is literally pink -absolutely one of the most beautiful in the world.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dehensel
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

My sister and I travelled to the Bahamas and had the opportunity of staying at Pink Sands Resort. I had done my research and checked the resort's website. I knew it from that moment that I wanted to stay at Pink Sands. We had an amazing time. I must say that from the moment we arrived we were greeted by Mark (General Manager) as well as their amazing friendly staff. We would like to thank everyone who made our stay a memorable one. A special thanks to the chef "Ed" who made us delicious meal the night before we left. He went out of his way to making us feel like we were at home. To the staff, Adolphus (thank you for teaching me to drive a golf car), Maefield, Toya, Suzanne, Peter, Jonathan.. Thank you.. We will never forget all of you and look forward to going back to the Pink Sands again in the near future.
I would definetely highly recommend this resort to everyone. If you want to feel like you're at home and want to have an amazing experience where you feel welcomed and the food is delicious... My sister and I can't wait to go back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dalia Z
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

By far the most private and unique property on Harbour Island. Our ocean front villa was steps away from the beach, with a private deck-- perfect for sleeping under the stars. I hesitate to spill the secret but this is the place to bring in the new year- sensational party. But off-season is our favorite time, when the ocean is warm and it feels like the pink sands belong to us. The whole charm of this place is the rustic boho chic vibe, which is what we want whenever we come to this island. The staff is really representative of local culture, which is to say, they are relaxed, colloquial, and welcome you as though you were a guest in a home. We return year after year and have built local roots. It's not just a hotel, it's a vacation home-- with a super private chef. Best avocado gazpacho. In the summers, you can eat at the Blue Bar-- directly on the beach. Does not get better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Roxanne R
Lafayeffe, La
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I just read the most recent review, and was surprised at their unfortunate experience. We booked an Ocean View Suite and did not fine it dirty or broken down in any way. We were located directly on the beach by way of a short path. The beach is awesome! They don't seem to have a lot of beach equipment, but the service from the Blue Bar was cheerful and welcome. Our patio area was nice, and our room was spacious, with a clean and well-equiped bathroom. I do agree that the prices are high for the accommodations that you receive. We ate at the restaurant twice and enjoyed our meal both times. The service in the bar and patio restaurant was friendly and attentive. Our notable disappointment was that we were not informed before our stay that they were hosting a wedding over the weekend, and had closed the restaurant and bar to their other guests. We enjoyed a meal out at the Rock House that night, and did not suffer. We also ate at the Dunmore and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. All of the restaurant prices on the island are generally comparable. I think they are kept this way deliberately to control competition! This is our second trip to Harbour Island, and we would also investigate other properties; however you can't beat this beach location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

My first time in the bahamas... and part of my trip, it was ruined by staying in this hotel.
5 stars hotel?????? what about ...maybe 3 stars and paying for 5 !

Quick description of the hotel room:

-furniture : old and broken
-sofa, chairs : stained and nasty! we never sat in them!!! I did not even put my laggage on top!
-bathroom was the most disappointing: rust between tiles, flooded bathtub and sinks, toilet leaking water on the floor, some of the towels were dirty and discolored. They didn't refresh bath products. ..bring your own q-tips...they dont give them to you. There was a sewer smell too.

One morning we turned on the sink and nothing came out! Another time it was brown rust.

The bed sheets had holes. I was scared to check the mattress.

Turn-down service was inconsistent and poor.

This resort has big big big potential, but right now they should close it and renovate a-z. I would not save anything!

Food in the restaurant is good, thanks to the great chef.

The famous Blue Bar, looks like it has to be finished decorated. It is just blue with a couple of chairs table and dead flowers on it.

The beach is awesome. But the lounge chairs are mismatched.

Overall, the atmosphere is very sad. Even the main bar, while staffed with a very nice bartender, was sad and empty!

We went for spring break , thought it would have been packed with people.

I wish we would have stayed nearby at the Dunmore.... Awesome hotel, unfortunately it was fully booked when we were planning our trip.

If they lower the price to 200-300/night it might be appropriate. But they can't charge 700-800 without a renovation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town
Tingum Village Hotel
Tingum Village Hotel
#1 of 4 in Harbour Island

Been to Pink Sands Resort? Share your experiences!