This was our second year to visit Rock House. We spent eight days in this fabulous inn and we, again, were not disappointed. If you want five star service with great accommodations and great food, this is the place to stay. I am one who always prefers to stay in a hotel directly on the beach, but I can tell you, without reservation, you will not miss a thing. The Rock House, located on the harbor side, is just minutes by foot and seconds by golf cart to the beach where Rock House has umbrellas, chairs, towels and a cooler with bottled water set up. On the bayside, views of the harbor from the hotel are fabulous and at dinnertime, can't be beat. You will be part of the hustle and bustle of the island, but feel like you are in your own private paradise. You will have the best of both worlds staying in this location.
There are three rooms as part of the main house with the remaining rooms in a separate building in the back. We have stayed in both (Pineapple and Citrus) and I can tell you, either area is perfect. The rooms in the back building include your own private cabana for reading or hanging out in the evening (with a glass of wine, of course!).
If you want to experience five star service, go to Rock House. You will not find better service anywhere. From Fluffy to Tremee (Sweet Potato!) to the rest of the staff, including those who were recent additions, the attention to the guests and the property are unmatched.
The food - yummy. You will read in other reviews how fabulous the food is at dinner and it's all true (by the way, don't miss lunch either!). Be sure to come early and have a cocktail at the bar by the pool. What a beautiful romantic setting as you watch the sunset over the harbor, and it's a great place to meet and visit with other guests.
And lastly, we can't say enough about the owners, Don and Wallace, who make Rock House the special place that it is. Rock House is their little piece of heaven on Harbour Island and you are their most welcomed guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Harbour Island, Bahamas