My husband and I decided that Harbour Island was the perfect destination for our honeymoon, and boy were we right! We booked our room at The Rock House based on all of the wonderful reviews here, and we could not have been more pleased. We stayed in the Nautilus Room, which was wonderful. One of the neatest touches of the hotel is the attention to detail they take in making sure you really don't have to worry about anything. Every room has its own cooler that you can take to the beach with you, along with beach bags with towels, water, and snorkel gear. There are more than enough chaise lounges and cabanas around the pool and there was never a crowd. We truly felt like the only people in the hotel at times and loved that. We had dinner there twice during the week and it was outstanding. Do not miss an opportunity to try their Goombay Smash...trust me, we sampled most offerings on the island and the Rock House's is the BEST! We really can't wait to return to see Flo, Don, Rock, Kato, and all of the wonderful folks here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Harbour Island, Bahamas