We just came back from our 4th stay at Rock House...I'm not sure I can come up
with any new words to describe how much we love this place that hasn't already
been said by me or by others who have reviewed this property...but I will try.
When my husband and I decided to get away for a few days for our 38th wedding
anniversary in June, Rock House was again our first choice. If you are looking
for a small quiet romantic place (no children under 18 allowed), with
comfortable (the best bed!) and elegant accommodations, a staff that provides 5 star (really,
10+) service, and a chef (Jenny) that creates and serves the best food, RH is
the place. Again, I can't say enough about the staff, many of whom have been
there for a long time...Eric (manager), Tremme, Fluffy, Marva, Flo and all the
others whose names I don't remember or don't know, but should be acknowledged
for providing a wonderful experience for all who stay here.
Rock House is located on the best island in the Bahamas. Rent a golf cart (a
must) and drive around the entire island to see its special people (love seeing
the children walking to and from school!), to visit the local shops or to stop
for a snack or coffee (or Kalik beer!). The beautiful pink sand beach is a 2
minute drive from Rock House (really, not kidding) where you will find Rock
House chairs and umbrellas set up ready and waiting. You will be provided with
towels and water in a beach bag, and don't forget the snorkel and fins, which RH
Because our stay was so short this visit, we chose to eat dinner every night at RH, but you
will see other reviewers who also recommend other dinner spots. We have tried
those, too, but we always say RH is the best. Having lunch at Sip Sip is a
must! Find out where Queen Conch is located and try the fresh conch salad. Try
Arthur's Bakery for breakfast or the new coffee shop (RH will point the way),
but you will find the continental breakfast at RH perfect (with hot items
available, too, if requested).
We have stayed in the Pineapple and Palm rooms in the main house which have
great views of the harbor from the balconies. The rooms in the back of the
property provide a little more privacy, each with its own cabana. We have also
stayed in the Citrus room and this last visit, although we booked the Citrus
room again, we were upgraded to the Reef suite. Thank you, Thank you! We
enjoyed having coffee in our cabana in the morning and it was a nice retreat
when rain forced us to be under cover. All the rooms are fabulous! You will
love any of them.
For anyone reading this who typically prefers to stay in accommodations directly
on the beach (I am one of those), I can't say enough how happy you will be
choosing the Rock House instead. It is a unique, one of a kind place. The
pictures and all the reviews accurately depict what you will experience here.
You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Harbour Island, Bahamas