I was recently reading reviews for an upcoming trip to Rome and fell in love with one hotel about which a guest wrote, "if you're able to stay here, stay here." If you're visiting the Bahamas, and able to stay in Harbour Island, do it. And if you're able to stay at Rock House, you have my emphatic endorsement; absolutely stay at Rock House. You'll be welcomed by a friendly and hospitable staff that prides itself on seamlessly integrating local flavor with luxurious accommodations that make your stay exceed all reasonable expectations. There is no area in which you're left saying, "this was good, but..." Everything is executed meticulously, which is important for a destination. Dining is fresh and creative, in a lovely and intimate atmosphere, overlooking the bay. The guest rooms are clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. Beach bags are prepared daily, well-stocked, and easily accessible. I came to Rock House because I wanted to bring a loved one to a special place and I couldn't have made a better choice. Leaving was more bitter than sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Harbour Island, Bahamas