This was our 6th visit in 8 years to CSM and I really feel we love it a little more every time. From the minute we land on the island everything is just peaceful and we know we'll have a great time.
The front desk staff (hi everyone!) is fantastic and very helpful not only in setting up excursions or other activities but being a great resource for any information you may need.
Brook & Ewa are fabulous managers - it's always a pleasure to catch up with them!
The restaurant - while a limited selection in meals, has huge portions and the food is always wonderful. We recommend the meal plan to help control costs but if you have a smaller appetite then go a la carte. Our personal favorite is the grouper fingers! And if you happen to see Maxine in the restaurant, please give her a giant hug from us. She knew our girls drink orders, how they liked their salads - she was such a huge part of what made our trip so fabulous.
Accommodations - we are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children ages 6 & 8) and we always stay in the bungalows. This works really well for us because after all, we are on the beach most of the day and the covered porch works well when we want to get out of the heat or in the event of a brief rain shower. The bungalows are roomy but not huge and comfortable with plenty of toiletries.
The beach - ah the beach! Definitely the most amazing we've ever seen and consistent with everyone else's reviews. Perfect powder white sand and turquoise water which is almost always calm and clear. We love walking over to the cove and exploring what sea life we find (usually we see at least 1-2 stingrays).
It's always sad leaving because it is everything our family needs when we get away - we reconnect with each other, we relax and we have a great time. It's so wonderfully secluded that it forces you to relax - something we definitely need.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas