We just returned from an eleven day stay at this fantastic resort. This is a small remote resort, where you can escape the crowds and hustle and bustle, and take in the slow, easy life of Long Island in the Bahamas. This is the REAL BAHAMAS! The beach is the best in all of the Caribbean and the Bahamas, with sand so white and soft, it's like walking on baby powder, and the clearest water in neon turquoise. We loved our beach bungalow, which is typical of the Bahamian cottages you see throughout the Bahamas. The bungalows have a tropical motif. They are spacious, with comfortable beds with lots of soft pillows. There is plenty of hot water. There is a coffee maker and coffee, which is replenished everyday. A small refrigerator is also provided for your convience. Shampoo, soap, conditoner, shower gel, and body lotion was also replenished every day, something you don't always find at other resorts. The bungalows and villas are located right on the beach, close to the calm sea. We did a lot of bone fishing while at CSM, and there is plenty to do. There is reef and deep sea fishing, as well as paddle boarding, kayaking, hobie cats, and many day tours. One of the favorite pass times of everyone was to relax on the calm beautiful water with a float and a tropical drink. This is truly PARADISE. The staff at the resort are 5 star. What wonderful people! We love them all. Anola, Nadine, Erica, Kelly, Andy, the beautiful ladies at reception, everyone.
Some of the reviewers have written reviews concerning the food and the meal plan that I found misleading. Well, I can tell you the food is absolutely delicious and in abundance. I found the food plan to be very reasonable, considering the quality and the quanities of food and snacks you receive. Every dinner includes an appetizer, main course, and dessert. Every lunch includes and appetizer and a main course. You have a lot of choices for breakfast, including eggs benedict, pancakes with fruit toppings, and omelets that rival anything you will see on the Food Network. Sodas are also included in the meal plan, along with delicious juices, coffee, and tea, as well as snacks. The tip is also included. You can't find a better deal anywhere and that's a fact!
We shall return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas