“Top beach I had been to”

Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Long Island
New York City, New York
“Top beach I had been to”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I wanted a beach getaway with private to semi private beach. But the prices for that were outrageous everywhere else we looked. I luckily found some old yahoo answers page where a travel agent gave this place as an answer. This place for price and what you get is an amazing value. You get a "bungalow" right on the beach with hot water, air conditionoing, screened porch with fan, and comfortable bed. There is so much beach and so few people you never feel on top of people at all. You honestly get the private beach experience, you don't have to socialize with anyone if you don't want. However one thing that is not an amazing value is the restaurant prices, car rental, or gift shop. But all this worth it for the beach.

Keep in mind is that you need to take another flight from Nassau to Long Island. The last flight to the island leaves Nassau at 2pm. We missed our connecting flight on the first day. Next time I would not get a flight that lands in Nassau around 12pm since that is when the airport is the most crowded. We got held up in the customs line for at least an hour and a half.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chris J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was our first trip to Cape Santa Maria but probably not our last. The beach is incredible, white talcum powder like sand, spectacular crystal clear water. We had incredible meals without a single disappointment. This is definitely a place to come and just relax. There isn't a lot of activity and really no nightlife but if you want to recharge your batteries this is the place for it. The beach is sand for several hundred yards out into the water. Do not expect to see coral reefs or brightly colored fish unless you travel off site, but we really enjoyed our stay and will go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was my seventh trip to the Cape. Each one gets better. My family and I were there for 2 week: through Christmas and New Years. Perfect place to enjoy family, warm weather, beautiful beaches and great food. The staff is attentive, the facility is well cared for, and they added a new day trip to Snady Cay. This is a mall sandy island a boat ride away where they fillme some the the Pirates of the Carabien movie. Excellent stay once again. I wish I was stil there!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen M
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Another delightful stay at Cape Santa Maria. This resort is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. This is not the place to go for a busy vacation with lots of nightlife. There are great activities if you want (fishing, snorkeling, day trips) or you can just read on one of the loveliest beaches in the world. The resort staff is friendly and incredibly helpful. The food is well prepared with a wide enough variety that you won't get bored if you are there for a week... And the cocktails are lovely. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ubt1234
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 January 2014

we just returned from a week at cape santa maria the beach is beautiful and the staff is warm and friendly our bungalow was right on the beach with a wonderful view
it is a must to let McKellon take care of you in the bar we could not ask for better service and everyday at lunch the girls were warm when i came to get drinks and place my lunch order
we waited to rent a car and the girl at the front desk was very helpful getting us one
the staff was always smiling and also spoke no matter if they were cutting the yard or cleaning the rooms it is well worth the trip

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles B
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I just returned (shortly before Thanksgiving) and had an outstanding time at CSM! I couldn't imagine a more perfect place - in fact I hope my heaven will look just like the Cape! My husband and I landed and immediately arriving we were greeted with open arms and complete hospitality! The staff was just wonderful and so appreciative of us and their home. We stayed in bungalow 16 and it was great...the room however could definitely stand an uplift. I really wish (and suggest) wifi could be offered in the Bungalows as well, even if it required a daily charge - totally fine by us...we were able keep in contact with our family at the main house, however as one entry mentions below, the internet was down quite a lot. Also, I didn't realize this until we got home, but we were suppose to have had a complimentary bottle of champagne/wine upon our arrival and a 30 minute massage while we were there...but it was never offered :(

This is definitely NOT a place to go and expect a big nightlife or 1000 things to do to keep you busy. It is more so a place to unwind and relax and just enjoy the company you are with and take in the gorgeous scenary. We were in bed sometimes by 830 ;) Which was fine by us! Such a relaxing trip!

The food was great - huge portions...I must say my husband and I chose the meal plan when we arrived, however after the first night, we agreed it was too much food and opted out the following day. I have to admit I was dispointed in the meals for dinner. I ordered Lobster twice during our stay and both times (although beautiful presentation) the meat was extremely tough and was not good at all - and the executive chef from British Columbia working - I was very disapointed. The breakfast and lunch menu was outstanding, however and some days we didn't even eat lunch b/c the breakfast held us over! The bar menu was great too along with delicious drinks and

We enjoyed kayaking and having our own excursions around the lagoon behind the resort - it was stunning. We snorkelled around the mangroves as well and walked the whole cape! Absolutely, the most beautiful country I have ever seen. We hiked the hill to the Columbus monument, rented a car and drove to Dean's Blue Hole (breathtaking), kayaked and biked around the area. My husband loves to snorkel and he was a little disapointed in the snorkeling, however if you walk north of the resort a ways, there is a small reef that he said was amazing! It was simply a trip of a lifetime and we defintiely hope to return with our babies soon! We agreed that it's the first place we have ever been where the pictures indeed give the place justice - it's just as beautiful as their website/photos say! Cheers to a wonderful vacation just my husband and I! We will be making the trip again and plan on bringing the babies back with us!

Room Tip: Alcohol is not included with the meal plan and there is no room service - would have been nice to ha...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tatham S
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was our fifth year in a row vacationing at CSM, we love it there. A beautiful private beach to relax on an your room is only about 25 foot from the water. Great food in the restaurant and bar and a friendly staff that calls you by name!! This needs to be on every ones "Bucket List" We'll be back next November with the gang!

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the boardwalk right in front of the beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 2 in Clarence Town
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!