A little off the beaten path, and worth it. We rented half a bungalow, which had two bedrooms and a screened-in patio. The second bedroom connects through the first bedroom, costs extra, and the bath is shared. All bungalows and villas are right on the absolutely gorgeous white pristine beach that arcs around Cape Santa Maria, named by Christoforo Columbo in 1492, reportedly his third port of call in the New World. The bungalows are simple and very clean...perfect for a casual beach retreat. Very quiet when we were there. Not a party place. At night the stars are bright and the only sounds are the waves lapping the shore. There's a main building with desk, shop, bar and restaurant. We purchased the modified meal plan and had breakfast and dinner every day at the resort. Meals were very good, and the staff was always eager to assist. Sunday morning I got the idea to go to one of the many churches on Long Island, and decided to walk to a 7:00 am service. I misjudged the distance, and at almost 7 I was still walking down a dirt road. I decided to give it up, when a van from the resort pulled up and offered me a ride to church. A worker going up to the resort had seen me hiking, and they sent out the rescue van! What lovely people. I peeked into the villas on the property...more upscale, larger rooms, full kitchens, and full service extras available. Loved the nightly cocktail hour with special island drinks and conch fritters. Thank you to the managers, Neal and Wanda, for all your courtesies.
Must warn, however....this is not an easy commute. The flights to & from Nassau on JetBlue were great, but Nassau customs is slow, and both our connecting flights with Southern Air had serious problems. Leave LOTS of time between flights. If you can find a way to get there and NOT take Southern Air, do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas