Long Island is generally undeveloped and quiet. The resort is therefore self contained and was almost empty when we were there so didn't have as good an "atmosphere" as it would no doubt have had at a busier time. The resort has all the stuff you need but the main problem is that many of them are not on site. They run daily transport to the marina, for example, to go fishing or snorkelling. The local beach is on the Atlantic side so is not really suitable for swimming so a beach day also involves a journey.
The resort facilities themselves are superb. Very good quality room with free WiFi. Bad points are: No kettle in room so we had to make tea in the coffee machine, no milk in the room for either coffee or tea, the menu was good quality but a bit hit-and-miss as to what was actually available - in our case the breakfast buffet (which is normally excellent) wasn't available most days and sometimes we were offered only a choice of two main courses for dinner. The bed sheets were too small for the bed so kept riding up and disturbing our sleep.
Aside from theses comments the all-inclusive deal is really good and takes away all the silly hassle about taxes and tips etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas