Stella Maris is a perfect place to relax on the BEAUTIFUL island of Long Island in the Bahamas, NOT NEW YORK! The workers at Stella Maris were so friendly. They really made you feel like family. We would eat at Stella Maris' restaurant(open to the public) every morning and night. Every morning the entire trip I got French Toast. It is VERY HIGHLY recommended! The taste was perfect! Their meals at dinner were great, too. They can make a mean conch. :P They made conch soup, which was great! The also fried it once and put it with dipping sauces. I couldn't get enough of it!
Stella Maris offers attractions for everyone. You can go fishing, snorkeling(highly recommended), SCUBA diving at various locations including Dean's Blue Hole(the largest blue hole in the world), Columbus Monument, and Cape Santa Maria. Stella Maris even has its own natural rock pools! They're really great if you get the chance! The Columbus Monument was located at an absolutely BEAUTIFUL location. You'll definitely want to bring a camera! It's surrounded by beautiful pristine beaches and the ocean water you can only find in the Bahamas! However, the road to the monument when we were there was very, VERY rocky. The monument is also at the top of a steep hill, so wear sneakers. Cape Santa Maria is a must-see! The waters are crystal clear and the calmest you'll ever find. The sand is absolutely perfectly soft, too!
We stayed in The Rainbow House, which was a villa located in the resort. It had 3 bedrooms(two of which had very beautiful bathrooms), a pool, and it's own gazebo. The Rainbow House was pricey, so beware of that when you're booking.
The island of Long Island is an out island, so you will have to take a smaller plane from Nassau to get there. It's totally worth it though! If you get the chance, Stella Maris will welcome you to the resort just as they welcomed us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas