WOW!! We just returned from a 6 day/ 5 night stay at Stella Maris. There were 5 of us in the group. Two couples, age range from 30-45, plus my soon to be 11 year old daughter. There is so much to say, so this won't be short. I have been reading all the reviews of this resort for the last 3 months in anticipation for our vacation. Now that I've been there, I can't imagine why anyone would write a bad review!
We flew in 1/28 in the smaller plane in the bakground of the picture. Our pilot was Anton. It was a very smooth ride (this is coming from someone who is scared of flying!). We flew out 2/2 in the bigger plane with Joerg as our pilot. He was amazing! My sister sat in the fromt with hem. He explained to her all about the islands we flew over and the resort. At the end, he shook all our hands and gave my daughter a hug!!
We booked an all-inclusive package with Jill who was incredibly helpful and patient with me. We stayed in room #21. My sister and her husband were in room #20. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and immaculately cleaned with beautiful views of the ocean. You can see from my picture fo the view that there is a pool right below our room. Also, there is a bigger pool with a bar by the ocean, the water was very cold though.
Two of the owners, Peter and Joerg, have both retired but are still visible on hte resort. Nearly every meal, at least one of them or their kids came to ur table and asked how things were going and helped us plan our day out. Joerg called a car for us and Peter told u of all the must see places. (Highly recommend renting a car. We did two days of sight seeing.) All of them went completely out of their way to make us comfrotable and made sure all of our expectations were being met. I've traveled enough to tell you we have not experienced this kind of hosptality anywhere else!
We are not scuba divers, nor die hard snorkelers (I don't snorkel) and we were not board. There is so much to seee on this island. It is absolutely beautiful!!
-Deans Blue Hole
-Natural swimming pools- 2 in Bonnacourt (the second one is the best) and the "Love Beaches"(we road bikes to these ones). While at the "Love Beaches", kiip walking down and you'll see a shipwreck.
-Columbus Monument/ Harbor- In low tide you can walk/ swim accross to the island.
The sevice was very good. We had a waitress and bartender at night that made us feel like we were a bother, other than those two, everyone else was super! The drinks are very strong, they don't go easy on the liquor. They had a very diverse menu. Lot's of native dishes, some German dishes, and as always the ever so famous American food (Steaks and burgers). Ther specials changed every night. All the food was fabulous and most of the time, we could not finish our plates. There is a set dinner time every night.
We went deep sea fishing. My husband caught a Blue Marlin! We went to the "Cape" beach. It is beautiful but not for the less advanced snorkelers so we didn't stay long. The natives on the island are all so friendly. Nearly every car we passed waved. While we were riding bikes it was the same, they all wave. If you are nice to them, you will get the same in return. Any time I'm with a taxi driver or someone of the sor, I always ask them about their land. They love to tell and I love to hear the history!
Peter and Joerg's kids now run the place with minimal help from them. Not only do they care about the place, they care about their guests! All of them. They didn't just come to our table, they went to every bodies table. I'm told they now have two silent partners who are wanting to make a few changes to the place. I hope it's not too drastic!
There are no locks on the doors. They have a safe at the front desk for passports, jewelry and things of the like. No t.v.'s or telephones. If you like the people your with, it will be great. One more thing, for those who have never bought tickets on-line before. Be sure to pick your seats ASAP. I didn't realize you were supposed to do this. I thought if you bought three tickets together, you'd sit together. WRONG!!!!! We were scattered around the plane. We were able to re-arrange so that my daughter could sit in front of me. My husband had to sit way in the front of the plane by himself though. Very upsetting!!! We always bought our tickets through a travel agent before so this was new to me.
Enjoy your vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas