Small Hotel with a beautiful garden on a hill with wonderful views over the ocean from each room. Rooms are well kept and have a decent size. AC is on the quiet side. Unfortunatly there is no Wifi in the room (only in the public area, where it works well). There is a small beach nearby (3 min walk, not so good for swimming, because of rocks in the water) plus 3 swimming-pools.Big Plus of this place is the friendly and caring staff and the offer of a lot of activities which are included in the room rate. So you can sail on a small catamaran or sailing boat (starfish) in a safe, shallow bay (Deals Beach), get bikes and kayaks to explore the island or let you drop on the beautiful Cape Santa Maria beach (one of the best beaches I have seen with unbelievable crystal clear water, has shades). For Snorkling they dropped me at Coral Garden (no shade, difficult entrance over rocks, not so nice, would not recommend), Poseidon Point (easy entrance, some nice corals, no shade so take a free umbrella with you) and at the end of Cape Santa Maria (easy entrance, best place for snorkling where the riff comes close to the beach and around the cape in the next bay, plus a wonderful beach for swimming). The food at the restaurant is ok: Continental Breakfast 10$, American 16$ (Buffet Style), Entrees 20-28$. At the nice bar there is sometiomes Live-music (you cannot hear in the room)There are no shops or other restaurants in walking distance. The Taxi charges for the Transfer to the Airport 10$ (1mi), to Simms Harbour 30$ (7mi, Bahamas Fast Ferries and Mailboat to Exumas). Best place in the Bahamas I have been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas