We staying 4 nights at this resort along with another couple traveling with us. I'd have to say my impression of the resort was that the food was excellant, the rooms and grounds were very clean (except for 1 of the 3 pools which needed a cleaning), the staff over-all was nice (the owners were very, very nice), everything was quite laid-back and relaxing. We took advantage of their free boat excursion, which was a blast. We were gone 5 hours, snorkeled at 4 different locations, saw a humpback whale, many fish and birds and beautiful scenery. One day we had a car rented to tour the island, but due to a mix-up our car was rented to another party. But not to worry, the owner of the resort got us a van for the same price, and our day proceeded with a visit to Cape Santa Maria, dined at Two Sisters restaurant in Burnt Ground (food was local Bahamian and very good), drove south toward Clarence Town and stopped at Max's Conch Bar where we had conch salad that was quite delicious, and tried to find Dean's Blue Hole. Be aware the signs on the island are few and far between or non-existant. The resort threw a cave party one night and served a huge meal in this cave, down a steep trail, complete with a bar and "Rak N' Scrape" band. All by torch light. It was alot of fun. We enjoyed our stay at the resort and would recommend it for a beautiful relaxing vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas