My wife and I enjoyed another wonderful trip to Stella Maris. The resort has a wide range of accomodations, so you can pick what level you would like, from regular rooms, to suites, to houses with private pools. Nothing fancy, and no TVs or phones. This is an out island place. If you are looking for wild night life, go somewhere else.
The island is somewhat difficult to get to, but the airport is less than 1/2 mile from the resort. For pilots, it is an easy flight from Florida, and the airport has recently been upgraded. For non-pilots, the resort has their own charter flights at very reasonable rates from Nassau. There is a pilot discount for those that fly in themselves.
Food prices are reasonable, and we usually choose to eat at the resort restaurant, as the prices are pretty much the same everywhere, but the service and attention at the resort is hard to beat. They also have a great variety of specials, as well as a regular menu. Food is expensive in the Bahamas, but we find we get by for about $50-60/each per day.
There is a great range of activities, and you just need to tell the gracious hosts what you are interested in, and they will make it happen. We absolutely love the hosts and managers, Peter, Joerge, Joel and the entire staff. This has to be one of the friendliest places we have ever vacationed.
If you are looking to escape from it all, and enjoy a stay with new found friends relaxing and enjoying "Island Time", this is one fo the finest places we know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas