“Great Food and Price”

Outer Edge
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Long Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Ran into some locals at Deans Blue Hole that own a B&B in Salt Pond. We asked them where the locals go and they said they enjoyed Outer Edge and was going to eat there after they left the Blue Hole.

We headed on down to the Outer Edge and enjoyed some wonderful fried and grilled Grouper, Fish Tacos and Conch Fritters. Granted service was slow and we had to wait on drinks a few times after ordering, but the view and the food more than made up for the common in the Caribbean and Latin America slow Island Time Service. Prices for what you get are excellent for the island. So take the time and make the trip to Clarence Town you will be glad you did.

The locals we meet showed up with another couple while we were there. The couple that were with them was their first time also and went on about how good the food was.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We ate three meals at Outer Edge during our vacation on Long Island. The food was delicious, the Sands beer was cold! We liked sitting out over the water during the day at watching the fish in the clear water below. The conch tacos and fish tacos are among the best we've ever had - fresh, well presented. The staff is kind. I hope we go back one day!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Over Looking the Flying Fish Marina in Clarence Town, Long Island, Bahamas Clarence Town The service at this restaurant was horrible. It took 1 hour & 20 minutes to get 2 plates of fish tacos & fries. They also added on a 15% gratuity to our bill for that lousy service. We questioned them on this and they said it was on their menu.There menu has 28 items, not huge & we didn't see it on the menu. The food was good but I would definately not eat there again as they can take how ever long they want & still get a decent tip.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We ate at several places on Long Island and Nassau during our 16 day stay in the Bahamas, and this place comes top not just for quality, but for price.

If I remember correctly, a plate of chicken wings, peas & rice, and plantain was just $11. To be honest, for that price, I wasn't expecting much, but when the plate was put in front of me and I sunk my teeth into the plantain, I knew I had found a place I would be coming back to. I love plantain, and was happy with what I've had while in the Bahamas so far, but these were thick cut and full of that lovely carby flesh.

My wife went for the cracked conch on her first visit, which after eating at several other places afterwards, I realised just how good theirs was. All the other conch we had was fresh (I'd never had it before), but to me it's just a chewy but of fish. Here though it was really tender, no chewiness whatsoever.

Was it a fluke? Was it just that we ordered the 2 dishes that were good? No. We came back here about 4 more times, sometimes with people we'd met on the island we'd recommended the place to. This also gave us a chance to see the quality of the stuff they ordered. Everything was astounding - from the sweet potato fries, to the club sandwich.

The other amazing thing about this place was it's view of the marina and sea life. We saw an 8 foot shark, barracuda, stingray, calamari, and other huge fish swimming below the deck.

Oh and they have free wi-fi. The only niggle was that they didn't serve coffee, which I like after my lunch. I hadn't had a decent cup of coffee in the Bahamas anyway, so it wasn't such a loss.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I ate here several times will at the marina. The food was always outstanding, especially the conch. The service, however was inconsistent. Sometimes I would get served right away, other times the wait(for a to go order) was ridiculous. Also they didn't have everything on the menu. I understand this as Clarencetown is small and supplies come weekly. Still, loved the conch!