“An excellent hotel and good value for money”

Ibis Chesterfield North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barlborough
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed for one night at this hotel and was very pleased with our experience.
Comfortable bed although would have liked a 5', good value, pleasant staff, convenient for the M1. What else can I say?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneMarion
There are newer reviews for Ibis Chesterfield North

Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights while at my brothers wedding up the road. Excellent location right off the M1 and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room.

The reception staff were very helpful and sorted out all issues I had. Mainly regarding moving rooms and booking a new room for a friend.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Matthawkins85
Yvonne P, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis chesterrfield North and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Room was clean, warm, quiet and had all we needed for an overnight stay. Staff were all very friendly and we checked in at 11.15am which was much appreciated as we were heading to a wedding at nearby Ringwood Hall. The echoed by the other comments the whole hotel was clean and had we needed to eat the resturant had a good selection and smelt good. Bargin at £29.50 with a £8 taxi each way to the wedding we went to at Ringwood Hall Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yorkshire_fern

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your thoughts on Trip Advisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at the Ibis Barlborough for three nights in May 2012. I was working away from home and looking for a good value weekend stay near the Peak District and Chesterfield. The hotel is located in an out of town development to the north of Chesterfield.

On arrival I found the reception area open and welcoming, I was checked in efficiently and allocated a room on the second floor. The room itself was typical Ibis; clean, simple and spacious. The room featured tea/coffee facility, double bed, shower room, desk and flat screen tv.

We had a spell of warm weather during my stay and I was a little worried that the room would be hot, it was ok with the window open a little - you don't get air conditioning at this price level.

I took an evening meal on the Saturday in the hotel bar. I ordered vegetarian food with wine and took a table in the relaxed bar area. The food was good quality, tasty and filling.

I'm giving this one an excellent rating because there were no disappointments and I really felt like a guest. Far too many hotels focus on weddings and functions during weekends leaving hotel guest to suffer indifferent service. At this Ibis hotel, the service is reliable, even at weekends.

I found the hotel staff to be excellent, the two receptionists and the waitress in the bar area were professional, friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: If you're easily disturbed, ask for a room away from lifts and stairs on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Yvonne P, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Chesterfield North]and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,
Janet

Reviewed 14 May 2012

we needed a quick and cheap stopover at the lasst minute, booked at 5.00pm arrived at 9.0pm, check is was a pleasure, hotel was immaculate, room clean tidy and comfortable, all for 36 quid, bargain, left early so cannot comment on breakfast

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here with a group of friends from a motorbike club from 4 - 7 May. Rooms are spacious and clean. If I had to make a criticism, we should have asked for a couple of hand towels as you only get one bath towel each, like to dry my hair with a separate towel - picky, I know! Staff were very friendly and helpful. A bonus is the time breakfast is served up until - 12 pm, great if you need a lie in! We requested a quiet room which is exactly what we got at the back of the hotel. Value for money, could not fault the quality and service of this budget hotel. The Treble Bob pub next door offers good quality simple food and the portions are very generous, you won't go hungry! Even better if you are 50+ they operate the Diamond Club meal deal - three course for £6.75! Overall, an excellent 3 night stay and a great hotel to stay at to explore Chesterfield, the Peak District and surrounding areas. We can definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter - away from the lift
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have stayed here before, and overall been pleased. I think the location is ideal, as it's much quieter than the main Chesterfield centre hotel. There's plenty around to do, and with a pub and some fast food restaurants as well as the hotel bar and restaurant, never really stuck for choice.

The one thing that continues to annoy me about booking an Ibis hotel is their insistence to "room for 1 or 2 persons". Although you get to specify how many, theres no way of selecting twin or double beds on the website. Quite often on arrival, myself and my partner have turned up to twin beds - sometimes the hotel are able to change rooms, but sometimes they're not. In complaining, I was told that theres no facility on the website! There is an issue that needs sorting at head office with their website. Luckily there was no problem on this occasion.

The room decor is basic, but the shower was a nice size. Ideal for a short weekend.

Stayed: April 2012
Yvonne P, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the rooms types on line our head office are aware of this and are reviewing this issue, I understand that this can be frustrating and for this i sincerely apologise. For future reservations once you have made the reservation online please call the hotel directly and we can pre allocate a specific room type for you.
Kind regards
Janet

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
#10 of 15 in Chesterfield
Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ringwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brimington

Been to Ibis Chesterfield North? Share your experiences!