“Heading North”

Ibis Chesterfield North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barlborough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night last weekend whilst visiting family. The reception was inviting, as were the staff, but on reaching our floor we were greeted with a rather pungent smell. I am unsure if the building has had a fire in the past as the smell seemed vaguely like that of old smoke (not cigarettes) but it was quite strong and unpleasant. The room itself was functional, and made up as requested - a family room so a sofa bed was made up for us too. The bed was comfy and clean but the sofa bed was at such an angle it would not have been possible for an adult to sleep comfortably on it. As it was for my 5 year old it was fine. The cot bed for our 2 year old was clean and in good order however there was no mattress in it and so we had to fashion one out of a duvet. It was a particularly warm evening and so we had to open the windows to get some air. Unfortunately it seemed as though our room might have been directly overhead of the laundry room and so we heard the washers and dryers going well past 10pm as well as staff outside talking on their breaks.

We stayed for the breakfast the next morning which was quite nice and well stocked although maybe a little overpriced for what was available. On the whole, the hotel provided us with a place to sleep for little expense, I do think we will be looking for elsewhere on our next visit to the area however.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chesterfield_North, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Chesterfield North, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. The sofa beds that are available in the rooms are only suitable for children under 12 years of age and would not be used for an adult. We do have fans available upon request at reception as we do appreciate it can be quite hot during the summer months. I do apologise about the disturbance you had due to the noise. If possible it would be a great help if you could provide me with your room number so I can look into this further in order to prevent any further occurrence. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast with us.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Chesterfield North and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Kind Regards
Donna Davies
Guest Relations Manager

T - 01246 813 222
E - h3157-am@accor.com
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Having had to evacuate our home due to a swarm of bees we were very grateful to find that the ibis accepts dogs .They could not have been more helpful the room was spacious and clean we were told if we needed anything someone was on duty all night . It is excellent value for money

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Chesterfield North, while you had to having to evacuate your home for a short while and i do hope everything is now ok at home for you. Kind regards, Donna Davies, Guest Relations Manager
Coventry
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Although it has been a while since I stayed at this hotel I am only now getting around to writing a review of it, as I simply could not be bothered to fire up the computer especially to do so.

This is a budget chain of hotels and as I say you get what you pay for! The door to my room had clearly been damaged, by somebody forcing the door open recently, for whatever reason, leaving the wooden door frame splintered and a new piece of wood inserted into it, with no attempt to cover it with new coat of paint or filler etc. Not a good first impression.

The room is typical of this standard of hotel, simple and fairly spartan with the basics essentials covered. The bed was not the most comfortable I have slept in, with a thin foam mattress that I found uncomfortable. The TV screen was covered in dubious smears of some sort of liquid, that in defense of the staff, only really became apparent once it was switched on.

Cheap and served a purpose, but I am sure I will find better elsewhere the next time I am visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TommyDPS
Chesterfield_North, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at ibis Chesterfield North, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I have noted your comments in regards to the door and this is something i will be addressing. We do have the new sweet beds in place throughout the hotel but i am sorry you did not find the bed comfortable during your stay.
Kind Regards, Donna Davies, Guest Relations Manaer
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable, clean and friendly staff. Surprisingly spacious room which I was not expecting for an Ibis. Very good location for choice of food and drink and access for other areas. Highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Chesterfield North and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Donna Davies, Guest Relations Manager
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was a business trip, so I was just staying one night. The hotel was very easy to find, just off the M1. The rooms were pleasant and serviceable, although there was a bit more noise than I'd like. All the staff I met were friendly and the wifi was free and a good speed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eddie M, Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Chesterfield North. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Donna Davies, Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
#35 of 53 in Sheffield
Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ringwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brimington

Been to Ibis Chesterfield North? Share your experiences!