Surprised people cannot find a four story building near a roundabout but we did it easily without a satnav :)
Easy parking and check in. Good size room with shower although the bed was a bit hard for me.
We were at the back so also quiet - well it was until a loud humming noise started at 8pm and by 10pm my wife had a headache from it. I visited reception to be told that it had happened the night before but only the night porter knew how to stop it. At 11pm it stopped and it was peaceful again. Just in case - do not - go near room 122! You can get an evening meal but we chose the pub opposite and it was excellent. Breakfast at £7.75 was very good - buffet and unlike some hotels, proper tea and coffee, not a large flask that tastes of both (take note Prem Inn).
Near to M1 so ideal for stop over when travelling or if you are visiting nearby. I would be happy to use it again as the staff are excellent. I am sure this is an Ex - Holiday Inn or similar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Chesterfield North hotel is located 8 km from Chesterfield and 16 km from Sheffield Airport. Admire the nearby Chatsworth House or wander through the famous Sherwood Forest of the Robin Hood legend. Book one of our 86 rooms and benefit from the hotel amenities on offer, including four meeting rooms for organising seminars and conferences, a restaurant and a snack bar open 24 hours 7 days as well as private outdoor parking. Business guests will appreciate use of our wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Ibis Chesterfield North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Chesterfield North Hotel Barlborough
- Ibis Chesterfield North Barlborough