“Brilliant vintage tea room, excellent cupcakes”

The Green Cat Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Eglinton
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/The-Green-Cat-Bakery/203007569806175
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I was in Eglinton visiting family and we popped in for a coffee and cake and I must say I was very impressed! My choclate-orange cupcake was delicious, and the decor was beautiful. Everything was presented in such an attractive manner with touches of vintage everywhere. We were made to feel very welcome and it's the perfect place to stop for a catch up with friends and family alike. The prices were excellent as was the service, I can't recommend it enough. I will definitely be stopping by when I am back over.

3  Thank NatalieP1985

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Green Cat is a wonderful addition to the places to eat in the Derry/Londonderry area. I have now eaten here several times for both morning coffee and lunch. I have yet to have something on the menu that I haven't liked. The homemade soup is excellent, the scones are delicious, the cupcakes are amazing, and the paninis are very good.
Beautiful vintage crockery is used and so it does feel like a real treat eating here, although with extremely reasonable prices.
Do go and try the Green Cat as I think everyone would be impressed and want to come back - each time I am back in Derry, I look forward to returning.

2  Thank BunnyPalmer
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have been here several times and am never disappointed except when they do not have their yummy Fudge Cake. It is such a friendly atmosphere and wonderful food. I have recommended this to everyone I know.

2  Thank irishtravellers2012
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is an amazing jewel in the village of Eglinton. I live in the village and I love the Green Cat Bakery, the food is superb quality (you should try their caramelised onion and goats cheese tarlets with a rocket and Parmesan salad...delicious) the coffee is so good and the ambiance is so welcoming and friendly, it's so good that I sometimes even go by myself! I've been many times and having experience of going to many other cafe's for lunch I cannot recommend The Green Cat enough...and it's so reasonably priced, very highly recommended.

2  Thank Carly M
Reviewed 13 April 2013

In reply to the bottom review, i would advise that in my humble opinion, the green cat only carries an aroma of cakes and pastries, smelling of cooking oil and grease would be difficult without the cafe containing a deep fat fryer!

The baked goods are fantastic only let down is that you have to eat more than you planned, the sandwiches are fine and soups are great.

I live 2 miles from the cat and eat regularly there i also complete AA restaurant reviews, in my mind, value, atmosphere, service and great patisserie makes the green cat a winner for me.

4  Thank mr kydd