“A lovely stay”
Review of Kirkby House Hotel

Kirkby House Hotel
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Had a great three night stay ,owner Steve was very welcoming and nothing was to much trouble .
The waiting staff were friendly and professional as was the bar staff too.
Breakfast was huge and kepted us fuelled all day whilst visiting local chocolate box village's.
The room was of a high quality and very comfortable , evening menu has loads of choice , (you must try the thai green curry).
We are looking forward to staying again .
Nigel and barbara

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nidge s

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel as a little treat for one night. We stayed in the room with a massive jacuzzi bath,the bed was very comfy and the room decorated very elegantly in keeping with the houses age.Evening meal was lovelly and the morning breakfast was gorgeous with quality sausages and bacon not the cheap crap you buy from tescos.The staff were very pleasant,and we sat talking with them to late in the evening having a few drinks.Excellent little hotel,we would have no hessitation in recommending Kirby house for a mini break.

Jason and Claire

Room Tip: The room with the big jacuzzi bath is a must !!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jason_birch_407
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stayed recently as a party of 4. From the warm smile we received on arrival to the handshake on departure we all had a lovely stay.

We booked the Dinner B&B deal, the evening meal was fabulous. My partner is quite fussy with his food, so I was a little concerned before our stay, however I had nothing to worry about as the menu choice was extensive and the two course meal we all enjoyed was delicious.

The whole place was very clean, relaxed and efficiently run. Nothing seemed too much trouble, and we were looked after very well.

Excellent value for money, would go out of my way to stay here again. Thank you.

Room Tip: email the hotel before booking if you have any specific room requests and i'm sure they will acc...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wip138
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Kirkby House last night. Stayed for one night, plus evening meal and breakfast. The room was excellent, squeaky clean and spacious - couldn't fault it all all. We had an en-suite with shower and corner bath. TV, Wi-Fi, bar and lounge and restaurant room. It's a lovely converted farmhouse with a pretty little garden and wishing well. Secure parking. We had an excellent roast beef dinner and one of us had the tagliatelle. Good choice of deserts too. The food was cordon bleu standard and plenty of it! Steven was extremely helpful and chatty. Plenty to choose from for breakfast. We felt really at home and would definitely go there again and I would recommend it wholeheartedly to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane A
Reviewed 18 April 2013

After years of travelling and staying in various budget hotels I decided to cast my net a little wider......What can I say? I found this amazing family run hotel. Apart from the amazing food and lovely rooms it is the welcome that will make me return to this hotel. From the minute I walked in it was like going home. Steven who runs the hotel, was really friendly and happy to chat to me and other guests. There are two lounge areas both with TV's and one with an open fire which was really cosy. There is a restaurant for evening meal and breakfast both of which were great. As I travel for work I found the hotel to be very accessible for my work I have now decided that my days of sitting in my room alone watching a portable TV are over, whenever I'm in the area it's Kirkby House all the way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MrsH319
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is a family run guest house. It is wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble. The room was big as was the bathroom with a corner bath. The rate included dinner which was excellent and the drinks at the bar were reasonable prices. Friendly, very clean & well presented and polite staff. Had great chat and drink with the owner, Would definitely use again when in area.Thanks.

Room Tip: If you go onto the owners web site you can see each room description this might help if you want a r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jennih854
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Beautiful old house, quite spacious and bigger than your average b & b. Excellent value for money, we had Double ensuite room, BB & EM booked through their own website. Friendly staff, comfy beds, big bedroom's (extremely small shower room though with no bath). Good priced drink's from the bar. Fair choice for evening meal, we chose soup (very good) Burger and chips (average) and cheescake (very good). Cosy place to stay, heard no noise at all from any other room or in the morning which was good. I didn't have breakfast as was still full from meal night before but my husband had full English which did look delicious. Would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Market Bosworth
Badgers Mount Hotel
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe

Been to Kirkby House Hotel? Share your experiences!