“Friendly stay”

Kirkby House Hotel
Varese, Italy
“Friendly stay”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Guest house typical of the English contryside , quiet place , near Leicester .
Near at the end of the street there is a bike track , very famous.
Few rooms but cozy , the room I take is equipped with every comfort , tv color , wi-fi , shower ...
Room is clean and big enough , bed is comfortable .
The ownwer has a friendly attitude , perhaps the best thought of this guest house.
Breakfast could be implemented with some more cakes and other juices ...
Thanks to "uncle" Peter for reservation.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at 2nd floor (under the roof)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ema967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Had a great three night stay ,owner Steve was very welcoming and nothing was to much trouble .
The waiting staff were friendly and professional as was the bar staff too.
Breakfast was huge and kepted us fuelled all day whilst visiting local chocolate box village's.
The room was of a high quality and very comfortable , evening menu has loads of choice , (you must try the thai green curry).
We are looking forward to staying again .
Nigel and barbara

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nidge s
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel as a little treat for one night. We stayed in the room with a massive jacuzzi bath,the bed was very comfy and the room decorated very elegantly in keeping with the houses age.Evening meal was lovelly and the morning breakfast was gorgeous with quality sausages and bacon not the cheap crap you buy from tescos.The staff were very pleasant,and we sat talking with them to late in the evening having a few drinks.Excellent little hotel,we would have no hessitation in recommending Kirby house for a mini break.

Jason and Claire

Room Tip: The room with the big jacuzzi bath is a must !!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jason_birch_407
Scotland
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stayed recently as a party of 4. From the warm smile we received on arrival to the handshake on departure we all had a lovely stay.

We booked the Dinner B&B deal, the evening meal was fabulous. My partner is quite fussy with his food, so I was a little concerned before our stay, however I had nothing to worry about as the menu choice was extensive and the two course meal we all enjoyed was delicious.

The whole place was very clean, relaxed and efficiently run. Nothing seemed too much trouble, and we were looked after very well.

Excellent value for money, would go out of my way to stay here again. Thank you.

Room Tip: email the hotel before booking if you have any specific room requests and i'm sure they will acc...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wip138
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Kirkby House last night. Stayed for one night, plus evening meal and breakfast. The room was excellent, squeaky clean and spacious - couldn't fault it all all. We had an en-suite with shower and corner bath. TV, Wi-Fi, bar and lounge and restaurant room. It's a lovely converted farmhouse with a pretty little garden and wishing well. Secure parking. We had an excellent roast beef dinner and one of us had the tagliatelle. Good choice of deserts too. The food was cordon bleu standard and plenty of it! Steven was extremely helpful and chatty. Plenty to choose from for breakfast. We felt really at home and would definitely go there again and I would recommend it wholeheartedly to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane A
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

After years of travelling and staying in various budget hotels I decided to cast my net a little wider......What can I say? I found this amazing family run hotel. Apart from the amazing food and lovely rooms it is the welcome that will make me return to this hotel. From the minute I walked in it was like going home. Steven who runs the hotel, was really friendly and happy to chat to me and other guests. There are two lounge areas both with TV's and one with an open fire which was really cosy. There is a restaurant for evening meal and breakfast both of which were great. As I travel for work I found the hotel to be very accessible for my work I have now decided that my days of sitting in my room alone watching a portable TV are over, whenever I'm in the area it's Kirkby House all the way.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MrsH319
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is a family run guest house. It is wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble. The room was big as was the bathroom with a corner bath. The rate included dinner which was excellent and the drinks at the bar were reasonable prices. Friendly, very clean & well presented and polite staff. Had great chat and drink with the owner, Would definitely use again when in area.Thanks.

Room Tip: If you go onto the owners web site you can see each room description this might help if you want a r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Millers Hotel
Millers Hotel
#2 of 12 in Nuneaton

Been to Kirkby House Hotel? Share your experiences!