“Really nice”
Review of Kirkby House Hotel

Kirkby House Hotel
Reviewed 18 January 2014

When we arrived we had a warm welcome. We had one of the attic rooms without an onsuite, our own private bathroom was just down the stairs which had a bath with overhead shower and hot water. Our bedroom was a good size. The heating goes off in the day but as I was staying in for the day the manager came and bought me a fan heater (I didn't need it in the end as the hotel stayed warm but I found the gesture very thoughtful).There is plenty of parking and there are lots of things to do a short drive away. We had a full breakfast both days and tea on our second night and the food was lovely I couldn't fault it. The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive they went the extra mile to makessure you enjoyed your stay.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We've stayed here now on a number of occasions. Steve & Frank have done family meals of up to 24 for us, with superbly presented food and great service. Friendly and welcoming, and always ready to meet our needs, we recommend this hotel-style guest house for special occasions and for peaceful weekends away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was delighted with every possible aspect,the decor,the room,the staff,everyone was extremely welcoming and sincere . a lovely evening meal in the restaurant and full English breakfast :) :) :) will be returning ...Mrs.L.Power

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I hail from the Black Country, and this hotel was recommended by a freind. We were attending a car show over two days, a few miles down the road. Being simplistic as I am, all I really want in a hotel is a bed, a shower, and a good breakfast. Well we got that, and a good deal more.
A very war, welcome as we arrived, nothing was too much trouble for Steven, the proprietor. Even to the point of trying to find a charger for a camera, which I had forgotten to pack.
We decided to eat in the restaurant, prices quite reasonable, but the food was far from reasonable. It was absolutely superb! Generous portions, even for my big appetite, So much flavour also.
The room was comfortable, and warm. Bed excellent, a good nights sleep.
Breakfast also excellent, well cooked and nicely dished up.

Although I am not a regular hotel user, I would recommend Kirkby House. Very freindly staff, and good value for money. Pretty sure we shall be back there for next years car show.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I loved my one night stay at kirkby house. Me and my partner stayed for some quality quiet time away and it was wonderful. I will definitely be returning. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpfull, they can't do enough for you. The rooms are spacious but very cosy. It is quite a drive to a super market however there is a small shop over the road and things available at the hotel. It's 2 minutes walk from mallory park, there isn't much else that i know of in the area but i'd quite happily stay in the hotel relaxing for a week so if you need/want somewhere to stay in the area then definitely stay there!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had a 2 night stay at Kirby House last weekend, nice welcome and farewell, nice setting and comfortable room.
Nice outside area where we had dinner and drinks on one night, which also has a grapevine covered part.
Breakfasts huge and arrived quickly.
All in all a welcoming home from home where nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian1802
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at Kirby House for 2 nights and Steve the proprietor was an excellent host. Nothing was too much trouble for him or his members of staff. The accommodation was very clean, we had one evening meal which was most enjoyable. We would defiantly stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013
The Belmont Hotel
The Belmont Hotel
#6 of 41 in Leicester
Leicester Marriott Hotel

Been to Kirkby House Hotel? Share your experiences!