Erlands House(Crondall)
All reviewsthe pubplume of feathersconverted barnone nightrooms are smallspecials boardhot waterfull englishlandlordfarnhampubsale
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a week whilst working in Farnham. First opinions, weren’t great, the rooms are small, old fashioned, and I had not realised breakfast was charged extra. The rooms are all located in a barn with one small velux window. (However they do have blackout blinds). Although the rooms are small, they are very clean, the rustic wooden furniture and golden light switches made me feel as if I was visiting my grandparents, I felt right at home, the service was welcoming and the food was great, (Both breakfast and lunch).
The surrounding village is very remote, it does have one nearby shop which has all your requirements, and Crondall is only a short 10 minute drive away from Farnham.
By the end of my stay, my opinions had changed. I started my stay laughing at how I had been put up by my work in this “shed”. I finished it however not wanting to leave. I fell in love with the place, the rooms are cozy, the bed is comfy, and the staff are there for anything you need.
If I were to come back to the area, I would come back to the Plume of Feathers and I would recommend it to anyone, it is cheap, though it is cheerful.
Thank you for having for me, I will hopefully see you all again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Needed somewhere to stay in area and chose pub accommodation. We stayed in stable block at the back of the pub. Room was clean if small. Just room for bed and bathroom. Clean room. Only one small velux window in the roof which unfortunately didn’t have a blind so light woke us up. Cheap and cheerful room.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent and so was the beer. Service was very good and staff brilliant. Crondall is only 11 mins drive from Farnham (a beautiful town) we met friends for dinner and stayed in the cosy converted shed/barn out back of this beautiful pub. We forgot that some pubs still shut between 3-6. Breakfast was great, veg option available.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

An ancient English hostelry with good pub food. Lunch for 5 cost £96.50, including an impromptu cake with 1 candle for a 101st birthday. I've been several times and always enjoy their assorted fish platter. The food is enjoyable though does not seem to vary much. No problem for me as I'm only in Crondall once or twice a year. And I find it consistent. Some of my ratings are for the hotel which I've not stayed in because this page of TripAdvisor seems to be for the hotel only.

Room Tip: No recommendations as we only had lunch
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Decent historic pub in the heart of the village. Compact pub with good atmosphere. I took my mum here for her 75th birthday, was quite bustling but we enjoyed it. Bar girls were good. Good evening spent.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family