“A stunning location, wonderful and friendly owners, perfect escape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palairos
Antonio's Guest House
Ranked #1 of 3 Palairos B&B and Inns
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“A stunning location, wonderful and friendly owners, perfect escape”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Antonios guest house provided me with a perfect two week escape from day to day life in England, the location is absolutely unbeatable, Paleros is so beautiful and I would highly recommend the place to both couples and families, and even single travellers like myself. The location of the guest house has something for everyone, as its in such close proximity to local shops, beaches, bars and restaurants. Antonio the owner, could not have done more to help me. I was staying on my own but visiting friends, and he made my stay very welcoming, and unforgettable. I would not hesitate to go back there in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Such a nice and cozy place to live your entire life, not only the vacation. Antonios (he loves in fact being called "Tony" by Italians!) is a careful and discreet host. Sometimes he even brings some great espresso. It's so nice chatting to him about life, sandals, or his dog, Mata. The beach is near, and it is not at all crowded even in high season. Paleros village is not yet entirely spoiled by tourism. It kept a good amount of old Greek traditions. Elder men still sit in front of the village's barber shop. Is like being in an old Greek movie. This place's value is multiplied by the finest Greek tavern ever: "The New Mill Tavern". It is owned by Antonio's family. The food and drinks are beyond words but the people there are like meeting your Greek family. No more plans for next year. We will definitely go there. Again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

antonis r, Owner at Antonio's Guest House, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Let me write what i learned today from "Shakespeare"!
All are Wonderful,wonderful, wonderful and yet more wonderful!
That are my feelings when i thinking of you and your kindness, especially when that toilet accidentally stop working and you were all of you just enjoyed it so much!
Rarely you find such attitude! Hope you are well, and thank you for writing this words! i hope i dont talk so much to be honest! :)
We are all happy to see you again in case you can make it, otherwise i will come!!
My love to all the family!!
Antonis
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Antonio's guest house became for me the place where I started to work on my spirituality. I've attended the yoga seminar for the first time and my 1st teacher of yoga has stayed there too.
Although I've never been to Greece before, I felt as if I was being there for ages thanks to the people who lived in the Guest House, worked there and visited that place.
Talking about living conditions,I can say that the room I stayed in was comfortable and nice.
Despite I liked my room,I preferred to spend time outside in the most charming and cosy yard I've ever seen.It's one of the main reasons why everyone should visit the House. It's spacious and our group did lots of stuff there.
Firstly,we were having our breakfasts and dinners, that were different every day and contained the most delicious vegetarian dishes I've ever tried. I'm grateful to Dafnia, Theona and Antonis, who made my stomach fall in love with vegetarian food.;)
Secondly,we were practising meditation and sun salutations in the mornings.
Thirdly,those who wanted to have the massage,were able to get it there on the massage table.
And finally,I liked to hang on the yoga mat,which is great for the backpain and is useful in many other things.
Overall,I recommend all the travellers to visit that gorgeous place in Paleros and not to forget to have dinner in Antonio's parents restaurant. That family is awesome in everything they do.
I wish the guests to feel that hospitable atmosphere that is floating in the air there.
In the end,I want to thank the destiny that I learned how to perceive what is, while being at Antonio's Guest House and taking the Kriya yoga course with Basu. I miss everyone and really hope to see them again next summer,maybe.
Peace and love. Namaste.Daria.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DarioSergevna
Seapaleros, Owner at Antonio's Guest House, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Daria!
Finding that yoga mat that you forget somewhere was also a relief for me !
thanks for sharing that beautiful moments of yours with us! such a nice gift that you came all the way down to meet us.
We have all those amazing pictures of you, everybody believe that you were our model:))
Daphne she is also looking forward to give you another ride from the bus station towards paleros!
we are all of us so happy that you were here!
please try to visit again!!!

Antonis
Kagstrup
Reviewed 24 October 2013

It was a very special time teaching one week kriya Yoga with Antonio as my host. All the gusts had a great and insightful experience. The food was the best. Also locals joined the classes so it was very unique for everyone. A holiday both inside and outside.This was for the second year we have Kriya Yoga in Paleros. Next year 2014 we will have our course in September. Basu

Room Tip: Downstairs you have the garden upstairs better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Mukilteo, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Antonio's Guest house in Palairos is a fun, relaxing and unique vacation experience. I stumbled onto Antonio's this summer while searching for a affordable, quiet place to hang out with my son. Well I found that and much more. His place has a beautiful, secluded front garden with a gazebo, perfect for afternoon naps and relaxation. It is in walking distance of the beaches, small shops and taverns. Antonio offers diving lessons and boat trips to nearby islands and remote swimming beaches. Certain times in the summer yoga sessions are offered and massage therapy is available as well. After spending 10 days there we left to visit other places in Greece but felt ourselves drawn back there again! We spent the last days of our vacation at Antonio's . Participating in a Krya Yoga retreat, shopping and swimming in Lefkada. We spent a few evenings at their family tavern downstairs. Antonio and his family are loving and open people. My son and I felt immediately at home and were reluctant to leave. If you want to see the beauty and hospitality of Greece, you must come here. We most definitely will be going back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 12 August 2013

When I first visited Palairos - this beautiful and magic spot on Mother Earth on the main land of Greece, by the Ionian Sea - I immediately fell in love with the place and the people. And I do certainly feel welcome at Antonio's Guesthouse - the place, Antonio, his family and their hospitality, the village, the beautiful mountain protecting the village from behind and the deep blue of the Ionian sea with all the islands -not to forget the amazing sunsets - just simply talk to my heart and my senses. Love is around in a relaxed and laid back atmosphere. For me its a place to relax, to contemplate, to enjoy and have a good laugh, to meet gorgeous people. I feel like family when I'm there, its like home to me! And it would be a sin to miss out on the delicious Greek cuisine of Cathy - Antonio's mother. The place is family run, and the restaurant is next to Antonio's Guesthouse. The kitchen is so authentic Greek and very different to the more ordinary touristic places! Antonio is also a scuba diving instructor, and organizes ding trips, in case you would be interested. Furthermore Antonio has started recently organizing yoga and meditation workshop sand retreats. I was there last year and have just come back from 2 weeks in Palairos with one week of yoga and meditation. Meditation early morning in the Indian looking shala in the lush garden of Antonio and later on yoga on a most lovely beach nearby - its to die for!
There are, by the way, a lot of small and beautiful bays in the surroundings of Palairos, not to forget the lovely island of Lefkada and her beaches with the color of turquoise - Greek champaign, I would say! I do most warmly recommend a visit to this little pearl, and if you fly in to Athens - to it by day and enjoy fully the beautiful bus trip securing that your entire soul will arrive in the most soft and gentle way!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MissSophi
athens
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Antonio's guest house is a magic place,were everything you could imagine that will make you happy,satisfied and calm is over there waiting for you to feel up your mental and physic senses!!!Thank you Toni keep trying!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palairos
Hotel Porto Ligia
Hotel Porto Ligia
#4 of 7 in Lygia
Elektra Hotel
Elektra Hotel
#2 of 4 in Palairos
Ionian Blue Bungalows & Spa Resort
Thalassa Hotel & Spa Paleros

Been to Antonio's Guest House? Share your experiences!