“Wedding Luncheon”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Had wedding luncheon for 15 people. Simply excellent. Staff attentive, service and food 1st class, setting splendid. All of which contributed to a very special day and lot's of happy memories. Unanimous thumbs up from our guests.

1  Thank Scouser53

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stopped here to see if we could get some tea, a very lovely hotel which served us tea and shortbread, some of the best I've eaten. A lovely relaxed place with friendly staff. If your looking for a beautiful place to stay, give it a try. The hotel and its accommodation looked fantastic.

2  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The situation of this hotel/restaurant on the south side of Loch Tay looking across to Ben Lawers is superb. It has recently changed hands after being in receivership, now under Adams Hotels.
Lunch menu seemed dear at £28.50 so we only had soup & sandwiches & coffe for three, charged at £30.50, which seemed cheap [?mistake]
In the grounds, which run down to the lochside, there are five individual chalets/kraals from previous South African ownership. Very private & suitable for honeymooners, but what if it rains?

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Arrived after a long cycle looking for a light lunch and drink. After enquiring that this would be ok, we were then left sat in the bar on our own for about 15 mins. I tried various times to find the receptionist who had told us they were open, had completely disappeared. Eventually a waiter appeared who looked a little shocked that we were there and soon told us that they didn't have any menus and our only options were a sandwich (soup was off). 2 choices of sandwich. We declined and just ordered drinks. After some time he reappeared to tell us that they had had a run on coke the night before and didn't have any. We managed to receive 3 lemonades at the cost of £7.50! This is the only hotel on the south side of the loch. My advice - drive/cycle on to killin or kenmore! Faulty towers has competition!

3  Thank P44uds
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My partner and I were passing loch Tay on a drive out on Saturday the 15th of June 2013 when she told me that her and a friend had been to the Ardeonaig Hotel for afternoon tea and it was nice. When we arrived there was no one in reception so went into the bar which is to one side of reception after about 10 minutes or so the Chef appeared and we asked if we could have a drink and a menu. He said he was unable to serve us. He helpfully said he would get someone. 5 minutes later no one appeared and other people arrived to check in - within a 30 seconds there was someone to see to them and check them into the hotel. We were completely ignored - when my partner went to reception to ask the person if we could have some service she was 'eyballed' in an aggressive way and told in a curt way that he would 'see to her in a minute when he had finished'. Utterly disgraceful way to treat any person and especially someone dropping in for tea and a drink. As they couldn't be bothered to serve travellers we decided that we would leave and that is what we did. On the way out of the car park my partner saw the Chef who assured us that he had told someone and he was very apologetic about what had happened. As I was very angry at this point I decided not to have an argument but to calm down and write this a few days later. My view of this incident is that the person concerned should be properly trained to deal with people without this kind of treatment or at least have the manners to treat people with courtesy and respect. My sister in law who lives in St Fillans and her partner often use the hotel and take their friends there - discussing this with them they are astounded at the incident and have encouraged us to write this review. Maybe it is a one off but for myself when travelling around Loch Tay side I will not be stopping off at the Ardeonaig Hotel.