I visited The Inn on the Tay over Easter weekend with my husband. We were shown to a table quite quickly and our order taken soon afterwards. My husband and myself both had burgers which were okay. We then ordered banana and baileys bread and butter pudding which took ages to arrive. When we saw it it did not resemble anything like bread and butter pudding. The bread was dried out and the bananas were quite hard. The whole desert was swimming in melted chocolate with no hint of baileys anywhere. My thoughts were the chocolate was either disguising the lack of baileys or to try and soften the bread. The desert was disgusting and I could not eat much of it and it was not cheap (£5 per person). When we paid the bill we got an apology for the length of time we waited (this was due to a kayaking competition going on at the time). I would not return to this restaurant and would not recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Tay is a beautifully refurbished family-friendly 6-bedroom hotel nestled into the banks of the roaring River Tay at the rapids at Grandtully, in the midst of the stunning Perthshire countryside.The Inn on the Tay has 6 beautifully presented, contemporary bedrooms, most with river views, and all with ensuite facilities. Our rooms are spacious and family sized, each able to accommodate two adults and 2 children if required.All rooms have Flat Screen TV's with a FREESAT system, Tea/Coffee facilities and hairdryers. Cots and highchairs are available upon request.You can enjoy relaxed, informal dining in our Restaurant which has been refurbished to an exacting standard and offers one of the most memorable settings for a dining experience anywhere on the Banks of the Tay as you sit and watch the canoeists and rafters negotiate the Grandtully rapids.Our Bar at the Inn on the Tay is a cosy, friendly watering hole, with a spectacular extension of external decking offering incredible views of the River Tay and a children’s play area.Free Wi-Fi internet access and free parking are available to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Inn on the Tay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On The Tay Hotel Grandtully
- The Inn On The Tay Grandtully, Scotland