“Best place to eat on Arran combined with excellent service.”
Review of Sannox Bay Hotel

Sannox Bay Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sannox
Sannox Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Sannox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Didnt stay in hotel but did eat here with wife and family as well as with a larger group of 15 later on in my holiday. Superb food, excellent portions and choice. Service is very slick and all the waiting staff were helpful and elegant. Fantastic venue for great food in lovely surroundings combined with very professional service. Cannot fault this place at all. Have been visiting this hotel for years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank hotpup

Reviewed 19 August 2010

What a marvellous hotel. Rooms wonderful with great attention to detail. Staff friendly and very efficient. The owners do their upmost to make you feel at home as for the food, the very best you will get anywhere. Watching the sun go down on Sannox Bay from our room was a sight to remember always. Our second visit to this hotel but definitely not the last.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luthiers
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I did not actually stay in this hotel as I was staying in a friends house only four doors away. We (my husband, 11 year old daughter and I) ate in this hotel three nights in row. The quality of the food was excellent. The portion sizes were amazing. The facilities were immaculate. The small bar with the open coal fire was very welcoming. The staff were extremely pleasant. I have to say the penne salmoni dish that I had on the second night was fabulous, certainly the best pasta dish I have ever had. My husband also said the same. And as for the banoffee pie, the texture and taste of the toffee was to die for. My daughter had it first and after tasting it, my husband insisted on leaving room to have it the next again night. I would strongly recommend that you eat in this hotel if you are in Arran, you will not be disappointed. When I am back in Arran I will be eating out in this restaurant every night.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank purdie9
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Although we didn't stay there we were enjoying a meal with two people who were staying there when we had one of the bizarrest hotel experiences we have ever had the pleasure or displeasure to experience. At 10.20 Saturday night our party of six were the only diners left and we all went outside leaving our coats on the seats so it was obvious we were coming back. Standing out in the garden having a cigarette and all the garden lights suddenly went out. Oh well we thought, could easily be a mistake. When we went back inside our coats had been moved, the long table at which we were sitting had been moved, all the stools were on the table, and one of the staff was hoovering! When she saw us she just shot us an evil stare and went out the back. The manager came out, no apology, raised her eyebrows and said " don't ask". That strengthened our resolve to have several more drinks and after that the next morning they were civil(barely). Great food though after saying all that with huge portions but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank bazza1793
Reviewed 17 May 2008

We actually booked into this hotel because my husband stayed there as a child decades ago.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel has a beautiful setting literally a few yards from the shore.
We had a pleasant view overlooking the sea and a very good bathroom.
The food is good and it is obvious that the restaurant is popular with the locals.
The owners and staff are charming. Altogether a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Cestrienne

Been to Sannox Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!