“Birthday lunch”

Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A friend was treating me to a birthday lunch (Friday).
We had driven quite a long way and when we arrived, the restaurant was full as a memorial lunch was being held.
My friend explained it was my Birthday treat and after consulting the management, the friendly waitress invited us to "sit through the back".
We were led to a comfortable couch hidden from the diners and invited to peruse the menu.
Our waitress, although very busy, stopped to explain the dishes, went to considerable trouble to establish the ingredients of some of the choices and served us with lunch at a specially set-up table.
The food was delicious and well presented and the waitress continued to provide excellent service.
I would recommend this charming restaurant and congratulate the owners on the standard of cooking and the helpful waitress.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

David & Kellie's new set lunch menu started today, absolutely fabulous, everything cooked to order
Such good value and you can take your own wine with you.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Have been here for dinner and for a late breakfast. The food is really good quality and well presented. As it is unlicensed you are able to bring your own alcohol to have with dinner. There is plenty to choose from on the menu and service is friendly from the owners with great attention to detail. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

...passing through Buchlyvie my husband and I decided to stop and have lunch at Macmillans Bistro and what a find it was. As we entered the restaurant we were given a very warm welcome and then details of the menu and specials.

The food was fabulous, we started with the Cauliflower and arran cheese soup with homemade bread which was very tasteful. I then had the very healthy sized portion of Chicken pasta with mushrooms, bacon and rosemary. My husband had the Lincolnshire sausages, accompanied by a garlic mash, roasted carrots and parsnips!

We will defiantly go back, their Festive Menu is enough to tempt us to drive down from Aberdeen - just for Christmas Lunch!

To keep us going until the next visit... my husband ordered the Seafood chowder with salmon, smoked haddock, tiger prawns, clam and mussel meat with lemon wedges and homemade bread as a take away which he is looking forward to having for his lunch today!

A real gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We recently experienced the delights for this Bistro at a private function for over 60 guests. The meal was delicious (3 courses) and there was certainly plenty on the plate! The service was very efficient for such a large party, with the waiting staff happy to help. We were there with our 4 children and staff were happy to serve what the children liked too! It was BYOB so the party went with a swing! Lovely atmosphere and great food. I will definitely back to visit Macmillans! So see you soon!