“Treatment and afternoon tea”

Tir Na-Nog Holistic Centre
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Balfron
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Treatment and afternoon tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Arrange a visit via ITSON voucher. Fab place beautiful place, pretty shops and a pleasant cafe. Cream tea was lovely, as were staff. Lovely afternoon spent here.

Visited July 2014

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very relaxing day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lovely food and massage treatments I had I think it was called the Thai Hand and foot massage - bliss after the massage we had some lunch which was lovely many vegetarian and vegan options all home made, staff couldn't have been nicer

Visited June 2013
Callander, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Place of Enchantment & Discovery.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I first visited The nOg as I have affectionately come to know this lovely place in Spring 2011, some friends of mine booked me a pamper day after I had developed a painful spinal condition. The day included a treatment, lunch, free candle plus a voucher for the exquisite shop and I was very excited. The treatment I had was an aromatherapy massage which lasted an hour and was heaven! It left me loose, relaxed, smelling gorgeous and get this.....PAIN FREE for almost 48 hours! I was chuffed to bits! The therapies, of which there are many, are not the only attraction however, the cafe serves delicious fresh food, a wide variety of teas and coffees plus homemade smoothies which are packed with goodness and taste fab. It's essential also that I mention the sumptuous selection of home made cakes and scones all of which I have sampled I am ashamed to say!
There is also a wonderful gift shop which offers a delightful selection of gifts, jewellery, fairies, greetings cards, CD's, books, incense etc. quite literally something for everyone in there I think. The centre is situated in a magical setting and I have always found the surroundings, the Woodland Walk in particular to be very peaceful and relaxing.
As you will have gathered I have been back many times since that first time two years ago and I will continue to visit, the difference being now I go as much to see the staff as I do to have lunch/walk my dog in the woods/buy beautiful treasure from the shop - it's a lovely day out whatever the weather or your reason for visiting and the staff are always so welcoming and are never too busy to chat or offer help and advice.

As if all the above wasn't enough you can also enrol on a variety of courses taught at the centre by the owner herself, Oona Mcfarlane who is a Reiki Master and a lovely lady and a selection of guest tutors. I have signed up for Reiki 1&2 and I am very excited.

I've been to a couple of the crystal fares frequently held at weekends and enjoyed them a great deal plus a fire walk and psychic evening are top of my to-do list.

I could wax lyrical all night but I will sum up by saying that no matter what you are hoping to do - Relax, walk, get yourself pampered, indulge in retail therapy, gossip with friends over lunch or gain the potential to change your career, there is something for everyone at this place of enchantment and discovery.

Enjoy. x

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Caroline B
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Tasty healthy lunch menu.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

i had bought a spa voucher from Parklife Magazine and went to have some reflexology and my lunch with my friend . the therapist was great with some good input and relaxing treatment. lunch menu had some great healthy choices with fresh home made soups and veg/fruit blended smoothy's. great choice of cakes/fruit tea's and coffee's. i will be back again soon for lunch and to pick up some stuff i ordered from the gift shop which has a great range of little unusual stuff and gemstone jewelry. there is also a nice woodland walk round the grownds and in summer a giant wigwam.

Visited April 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magical Wonderful Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I first came across this place totally by accident, but am now a regular visitor - for shopping, cake consumption, treatments and firewalking! Once you discover this slice of perfection, you will want to go back again and again! From the gorgeous gift shop to the wonderful experiences on offer, and never forget the cake! ooooh, the cake is a joy.

Very friendly, extremely picturesque setting and a real peaceful easy feeling here. love it!

Visited March 2013